Garmin 100 says "no transducer"

RandB

Reaction score
My new 2013 G-series 2275 GFS has a Garmin 100 fish finder that doesn't work because it says "no transducer". Is this supposed to be hooked up already when I got it from the dealership? If not what can I do to make this work? Thanks for your help.

Trace wire back from transducer, just at rear of toon up on top of toon, there should be a connector, and it's probably not connected. Should be easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or check the back of the unit and make sure the cable is connected and tight.

This also happened to me. Dealer had to order a new transducer, and replace the original.

It's an easy fix, just took a few days for the part to arrive, and an hour to swap out at my dealers marina.

I will be upgrading my helm Garmin 100 fish finder this off season as this model is only reliable for depth not much else.

I think it's great for depth, temp, and battery voltage. I have mine set for voltage alarm so I don't end up with a dead battery.

As a fishfinder ..... meh .... It's ok. It's like looking at a computer monitor from 1985 ...... LOL !!!!

For the alarm volt, what do you set it at, 12 or 12.1?

I have it at 12.2 it has not gotten down there while sitting unless I use the electric anchor, it hangs at 12.6 with radio and it on.

I also have shallow alarm set at 3 feet.

That goes off a lot so I need to change that one to like 2 feet.

I have mine @ 3 ft and I am amazed at how often it goes off.

Your battery likely wont start your engine at 12 volts. It's nearly dead at that level.

12.6 = 100%

12.4 = 75%

12.2 = 50%

12.0 = 25%

Ours will start at 11 volts.

Group 24, Walmart.

Excellent ....Nice & easy quick fix !!!!

Back