Garmin Regret and other thoughts on purchase of 22 LFB

Hartwell Ski

Reaction score
We have had our 2021 22 LFB for a couple months now and are very pleased overall. A couple of things I would do differently.

I love the 7 inch Garmin but there is plenty of empty dash space and I should have ordered it with regular analog gauges for fuel level, speed etc... in addition to the Garmin. It’s a pain switching between charts,, sonar and engine gauges and I want to see it all at the same time.

I wouldn’t get the bow seat cooler.

I can’t imagine not having the center toon storage - it’s great.

200 Hp is just right.

Sounds like you are overall really enjoying the new boat. Congrats!!! It is interesting the things we fret about when putting together our purchase order, or consider if buying off the lot, that change after you get some time with the boat. BTW, we have a 200 Merc on ours too, and agree. It‘s a very nice amount of motor for that basics size and model boat.

I imagine adding those additional gauges won't be too cumbersome. Most of the engine and fuel data is already at the helm, so just add in some Faria dials using the available low voltage outputs?

I wonder if the Garmin offers split screen option. I know my SIMRAD has it.

It looks like it does if you have the Garmin 7SV

A7AA88E8-2CE4-4A8B-8519-81805BEDEAF8.jpeg

We have had our 2021 22 LFB for a couple months now and are very pleased overall. A couple of things I would do differently.

I love the 7 inch Garmin but there is plenty of empty dash space and I should have ordered it with regular analog gauges for fuel level, speed etc... in addition to the Garmin. It’s a pain switching between charts,, sonar and engine gauges and I want to see it all at the same time.

I wouldn’t get the bow seat cooler.

I can’t imagine not having the center toon storage - it’s great.

200 Hp is just right.
I couldn't agree more about the bow seat cooler. We got it too, thinking it would be great, but it's too small to hold any more than a couple cans of beer. So yes, I'd skip that. We also got the Ottoman cooler, and so far that just sits in our basement. What was I thinking?

Back