Garmin Striker 4 on 20' Toon

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
I just placed my order for my 20SLG today, selected all my upgrades, and paid my down payment. However, I realized it probably would have been better to include the Striker 4 depth finder for $300 as part of my OEM build than to buy a depth finder at a local store and have the marina install it for a labor charge (probably the same price as OEM option). I am not a fisherman so I purposely excluded the Striker 4 from my build. But later I watched a video on it and realized it has everything I really wanted... depth, GPS, water temp, etc.). I still can add it when Bennington sends the contract (I can add/delete at that time, I'm told). Here's my question... on the 20SLG console, where would they mount it? On the Bennington site, they say "Installation location varies by model." Does anyone know for sure where the factory will install it on my specific boat? Picture of console included. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200907_145335.jpg
    20200907_145335.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 010-01871-00.jpg
    010-01871-00.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38
Ours is mounted to the lower right of the steering wheel and good choice in adding it. It shows GPS speed of the boat, water temp, time and of course depth

I’d add it now if that is what you’d be going with anyway. You likely spend more otherwise with a dealership doing it. On top of the reasons you already mentioned, by adding it now it is also wrapped into the 10 year warranty.

I’d add it now if that is what you’d be going with anyway. You likely spend more otherwise with a dealership doing it. On top of the reasons you already mentioned, by adding it now it is also wrapped into the 10 year warranty.
Warranty. Smart!

This will look great on my console and be so helpful!
1600021711111.png

OK, gang... I made a quick call to my dealer who redid the bill-of-sale via email and added the $299 Garmin Striker 4. Thanks to Vikingstaff with the reminder that now it's part of the 10-year warranty! Sheer brilliance!

Glad to help. We don’t fish either, but I use my Simrad CONSTANTLY for depth, as well as location on the lake relative to depth, etc... These gadgets are super handy for whatever you do on the water. Plus, if you would be springing for one after purchase anyway, might as well get the warranty in there by doing it now. ;)

Now brace yourself for the loooooong wait until next spring/summer. Being in a northern climate ourselves, and having ordered early in the winter back in 2016-17, that was one heck of a long wait for us. The wait stinks!!! :oops:

Glad to help. We don’t fish either, but I use my Simrad CONSTANTLY for depth, as well as location on the lake relative to depth, etc... These gadgets are super handy for whatever you do on the water. Plus, if you would be springing for one after purchase anyway, might as well get the warranty in there by doing it now. ;)

Now brace yourself for the loooooong wait until next spring/summer. Being in a northern climate ourselves, and having ordered early in the winter back in 2016-17, that was one heck of a long wait for us. The wait stinks!!! :oops:
Yes! The wait is going to be incredibly difficult. It's only September and it won't go in the water until earliest April 15th, which is still kind of chilly here in WNY. But I think we're going to do it at that time. Because if I'm paying for this boat, and paying for the slip at the marina, I absolutely want to get my money's worth!

Back