Garmin ?

Make sure it's angled properly when boats at speed and it's low enough to be out of the "Dirty" turbulent water.

Yes. Probably a transducer position issue. There was a thread about this here recently.

I keep my Striker 4 transducer a little loose. Not so much loose, as not tight. It's snug, but if i hit a stick or dead fish with it, it will swing back instead of snapping off.

I have gotten pretty good at squatting on the aft deck and reaching down with one foot, grabbing it with my toes and pushing it back down into the normal operating position. Works for me. There's a lot of crap floating in our lake at times. If our lake was cleaner, I'd tighten it down.

I recently added a Faria depth gauge mounted in fiberglass helm on port side (drilled hole) just above Kicker head unit. I connected power and ground from wiring to Kicker just before Kickers fuse. Now the accessory switch turns on both Kicker and Faria depth unit. Each of those can be turned off on their own face power switch if needed. Could also tap into wiring for 12vdc cigarette lighter style power port.

Back