gas cap replacement for 2016 22 SLX

Ronald Reed

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where online to purchase a replacement gas cap for a 2016 22 SLX pontoon. Knocked it off while filling up at Marina.

thanks

Bennington Dealer

When mine came unchained and promptly fell into the lake I called my dealer and he mailed me one. Had it 3 days later, while waiting I stuffed a clean rag into the opening. That may not have been a great idea but it got me and the grands back into the water.

When mine came unchained and promptly fell into the lake I called my dealer and he mailed me one. Had it 3 days later, while waiting I stuffed a clean rag into the opening. That may not have been a great idea but it got me and the grands back into the water.

Ours came unchained the first day we went to refill our tank while in our slip (the second day we owned it)... long gone was the shiny new gas cap into the bottom of the muddy Mississippi.

As it was a Sunday and our dealer was closed -- and we were expecting thunderstorms so I didn't wan't a floating Molotov cocktail on our hands -- we wound up in the hardware store and found a sewer cleanout plug which fit perfectly.

The dealer didn't bat an eye when I went into the store on Monday, and handed me a new (albeit not shiny chrome) replacement gas cap. We now keep the sewer cleanout plug in our tool bag as a back up, just in case...

We own a Bennington sx20 Salt water series 2016 . We lost the cap to the gas tank a month ago and immediately contacted Ridge Boating Center in Lake Wales Fl. We have not heard from them. When we call the phone line is always busy. Does any one know how to to order directly the gas tank cover? We do not know which one to order. Thanks

We own a Bennington sx20 Salt water series 2016 . We lost the cap to the gas tank a month ago and immediately contacted Ridge Boating Center in Lake Wales Fl. We have not heard from them. When we call the phone line is always busy. Does any one know how to to order directly the gas tank cover? We do not know which one to order. Thanks
You have to go through a dealership as Bennington is direct to dealer, not direct to customer... Maybe call around to other Bennington dealerships. If another dealership can get you one, see if they will ship it to you.

Back