Gas Tank Retrofit

BobZ

Reaction score
I have 1 2008 2275RL with the gas tank in the stern/port position. When the tank is full the boat is traveling with a list to port due to the weight of the gas, furniture, and passengers. They acknowledge the potential for listing but say that's just the way it is. I noticed that many of the newer Bennington's have their fuel tank in the motor well. Has anyone ever placed one of the newer shaped tanks in this well? I've tried talking to Bennington about engineering specs of mine vs new models but can't seem to get anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 1 2008 2275RL with the gas tank in the stern/port position. When the tank is full the boat is traveling with a list to port due to the weight of the gas, furniture, and passengers. They acknowledge the potential for listing but say that's just the way it is. I noticed that many of the newer Bennington's have their fuel tank in the motor well. Has anyone ever placed one of the newer shaped tanks in this well? I've tried talking to Bennington about engineering specs of mine vs new models but can't seem to get anything.
Hi Bob,

(We gently edited your post). Sorry for your trouble. Let us try to address this for you now. Back in 2008, about 90% of all pontoon fuel tanks sat in the port stern corner. Since then, Bennington has moved many tanks to the center of the boat, whether in the transom, above deck, or in the third tube of an ESP model. Unfortunately, there are still some models that do not accomodate a center tank. At the time, we had a retro-fit design for the RL that may still be available to you. It was an additional 22-gallon stbd tank that mounts against the stern rail. You can either add this tank or replace the tank you have to acheive better balance and reduce listing. Please send a pm (personal message) to TB with your serial number and we'll send you further information. Thanks, TB

Back