Gauges and all electronics on dash have stopped working

Tocsnoslen

Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum. Hoping someone has similar experience and can help out.

I have a 2013 Bennington 22slx and have had it for a couple of years. Never have had any issues but then the other day all the gauges were going haywire and then stopped completely. No horn, nav lights, radio, depth finder either... basically everything on the helm had no power. No issue with the engine. A couple of days later took it to get it to fuel and the gauges worked for a moment, then jumped around and then stopped. Nav light (red light to let you know there is power) flickered a little and now nothing on the dash works again.
I know zip about wiring and everything seems secure. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Based on the description kind of sounds like something is loose, or not getting a good connection with the on and off and flicker of power issues at times. I would probably go through all the wires I could get access to to make sure everythings plugged in securely. Maybe check to see that all the fuses are securelay plugged in. However, I unfortunately know nothing about electronics and wiring, so that is about all I’d be able to do. I hope someone more knowledgeable has some ideas.

Sounds like a bad ground to me.

Was a loose wire to the battery. How the heck that happened I have no clue but thanks for the suggestions.

Glad it was something simple. Crazy some of the quirky things that happen leaving you to wonder ”how’d that happen”.

No clue other than maybe Battery nut wasn’t tightened all the way after winterizing. Only had it out a couple of times for evening slow cruise. Then one day of crazy waves and that’s when it all started happening. Very glad something simple.

Back