Gauges

goose

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 GL2254 Bennington pontoon with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke outboard engine. After a day out we noticed a warning indicator on the lower left hand side of the TACH gauge blinking(it's an analog gauge). Does anyone know what this is? I could not find this indicator in any of the manuals. It looks like a 0 or maybe an 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it your hourmeter? Mine has an hourglass (could be mistaken for an 8) followed by the engine hours.

Possible service indicator?

I need to wake up this topic. My 2012 Bennington has this hourglass on the LCD hour display as well. The only concern that. Have is that it blinks on occasion. I have tried to link the blinking to times where the motor is stressed and that is not the case. It just blinks randomly. Can anyone help?

I have a 2012 2275 GCW and the hourglass flashes and alternates with the number of hours at the bottom of the left gauge, the tachometer. My center gauge is the speedometer and at the bottom a digital compass. Now I noticed last weekend when we were out at evening time that the digital compass is backlit at night. I also noticed that the hour meter is not backlit. Out of all three gauges, the tachometer with the hour meter, appears dimmer than the other two. Does anyone know if the hour meter is supposed to be backlit or not? Thanks.

I have a 2012 2275 GCW and the hourglass flashes and alternates with the number of hours at the bottom of the left gauge, the tachometer. My center gauge is the speedometer and at the bottom a digital compass. Now I noticed last weekend when we were out at evening time that the digital compass is backlit at night. I also noticed that the hour meter is not backlit. Out of all three gauges, the tachometer with the hour meter, appears dimmer than the other two. Does anyone know if the hour meter is supposed to be backlit or not? Thanks.
Wondered that myself. My gauges are mostly all very dim or not backlit at all. Residual lighting ? Is there a dimmer switch somewhere ? Are the gauges not backlit at all ? Gerry

Hi guys, our current gauge package includes perimeter lit instruments, which allow for soft light in the dark. This helps prevent the gauges from blinding the driver at night, as conventional backlit gauges often did. (They tended to be overpowering) The hourmeter does not light up since there's no reason to see it at night. TB B)

Hi guys, our current gauge package includes perimeter lit instruments, which allow for soft light in the dark. This helps prevent the gauges from blinding the driver at night, as conventional backlit gauges often did. (They tended to be overpowering) The hourmeter does not light up since there's no reason to see it at night. TB B)
Thank you for the reply. Good to know that is how it is supposed to be.

I wish the switches were backlit. I usually hit the horn or livewell switch before I find the dock light switch.

Back