Getting Pontoon in garage?

JUS 1 MO

Reaction score
I am in process of buying a 17 Sli but have a problem that I need help with. The boat on the trailer is too tall to fit under my 7'10" garage door. Is there any solution for this problem? I was told that there are shorter tire/wheel combinations but only on a two axle trailer. Thanks for any and all comments and/or suggestions...

There are different trailer manufacturers that may be able to help you. Also, there are crank up style trailers that can lower the boat much lower to get under the door...

I have a 20 SLI that I will be putting in the garage this winter. I also have a low garage roof and door. My solution was to buy 4 Auto Dollies, and slide it into place without the trailer. If all goes right, I will have 9" to spare with the motor down. Since this is the first season with the new Bennie, I'll have to report back on how it worked out. I understand that it usually takes 2 guys to push it into place. If you don't have a lifting trailer, you can have a local marina put it on the dollies for you. They charge about $40-50 to take a boat out of the water and put it in place. Hope this helps

I am in process of buying a 17 Sli but have a problem that I need help with. The boat on the trailer is too tall to fit under my 7'10" garage door. Is there any solution for this problem? I was told that there are shorter tire/wheel combinations but only on a two axle trailer. Thanks for any and all comments and/or suggestions...

I am also facing this same problem. I have a 2575 RCW ESP Tritoon with a 350 Mag. My Garage Door is 7'8". Boat will almost go in garage if I let air out of tires,down to 5lbs. Any ideas would be appreciated!!! Can a sissor type trailer be used with a tri toon?? If I could find any traier that would lower boat, I would use it to move boat from ramp to garage 3 miles approx at 20 MPH, for haulingnon highway I will use good trailer to use on highway at highway speeds.

Marvin Back of Book

Sounds to me like you guys need to find one of the old style trailers where the deck sits on runners instead of the toons on a bunk. I have seen some of these here in my area. The wheels of the trailer are inside and the toons are resting close to the ground. I don't know if this would work on a tri-toon because of the space for the wheels.

I think I would be worried about towing much with this type of trailer as to the protection issues. If you were only going a short way and it was for winter storage, it would be alright.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I see that I am not the only person that has this problem. Maybe together we can solve this. I am now investigating the possibility of using a trailer with shorter/wider wheel/tire combination. On many of the trailer sites they offer both the standard size wheel/tire and the shorter/fatter wheel/tire options. I don't know if the trailer configurations are different for each or just different heigth tires. It appears that the shorter tires are the solution to about a foot or little less in heigth. I'll report my findings if I can find a knowledgeable person in the trailer industry...

I see that I am not the only person that has this problem. Maybe together we can solve this. I am now investigating the possibility of using a trailer with shorter/wider wheel/tire combination. On many of the trailer sites they offer both the standard size wheel/tire and the shorter/fatter wheel/tire options. I don't know if the trailer configurations are different for each or just different heigth tires. It appears that the shorter tires are the solution to about a foot or little less in heigth. I'll report my findings if I can find a knowledgeable person in the trailer industry...
Well, I found out yesterday that the 20.5X8X10E tire/wheel combo is 7 inches less in heigth than the standard tire/wheel package on pontoon boat trailer, per Ryan at Shorelander...

I have a 2075 gli with ESP and found that it clears the 7 10 door by an inch with the Bimini and windshield off. I have a 2 axle trailer with pretty big wheels. Really tight fit but it goes. Luckily I am only pulling it in and out of the garage 2 times per year.

I have a 2075 gli with ESP and found that it clears the 7 10 door by an inch with the Bimini and windshield off. I have a 2 axle trailer with pretty big wheels. Really tight fit but it goes. Luckily I am only pulling it in and out of the garage 2 times per year.
Do you have the 20.5X8X10E tire/wheel package or something larger?

Back