Giving this section some love....

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Nothing new here since 6/7. That's because our summer is so short, we are all out boating.

Or because some of us are waiting on our new boats to arrive :) ....

Yeah, definitely too short of a summer here.  Buying a boat makes me want to move South...we pay all this money and only get to use it 1/3 the time of those down south...grrr...

I had lower back surgery 4 weeks ago so with that and the earlier lousy weather stretch here the boat didn't move from the lift this spring at all.

I finally took it out last week and it still brings a huge smile to my face  :)

I had lower back surgery 4 weeks ago so with that and the earlier lousy weather stretch here the boat didn't move from the lift this spring at all.

I finally took it out last week and it still brings a huge smile to my face  :)
I had my back done in 2003 and my neck done in 2005. Loads of screws and pins and fusions. There is no way I could've used our boat in 4 weeks.

Hope all is well Tom. Kristina and I were out skiing tonight! Got to love summer time!

I had my back done in 2003 and my neck done in 2005. Loads of screws and pins and fusions. There is no way I could've used our boat in 4 weeks.
Thankfully no fusion for me, but a painful protruding disc at L3/L4. I had a little bit of bone removed (laminectomy), disc tissue trimmed where it was poking out (micro-discectomy), and they removed a few arthritic bits they found while they were there. Still not out of the woods, but pain is significantly less already. That first week or so, though, oh my, not so good ...  :(

I'll get a sign up sheet going to make sure the boat gets some use.

I'll get a sign up sheet going to make sure the boat gets some use.
Which is why my lift actually has a key interlock to keep out the pesky interlopers  B)

Yeah, definitely too short of a summer here.  Buying a boat makes me want to move South...we pay all this money and only get to use it 1/3 the time of those down south...grrr...

Come on down.  Our property taxes are cheap, and the south is full of northerners that returned "home" after they retired from the auto industry.

We have 3 major lakes within 16 miles, and 3 Robert Trent Jones golf courses within eyesight of our house.  Not bad quality of life--for the money spent.  We boat up until November usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully no fusion for me, but a painful protruding disc at L3/L4. I had a little bit of bone removed (laminectomy), disc tissue trimmed where it was poking out (micro-discectomy), and they removed a few arthritic bits they found while they were there. Still not out of the woods, but pain is significantly less already. That first week or so, though, oh my, not so good ...  :(
My wife's been through the laminectomy for spinal stenosis, and it's not very enjoyable.  Be sure to follow the instructions of your physical therapist, and you should continue to improve.  My wife's still under serious pain management 10 years later, but she can still run the mall sales with the best of them.  If she didn't have medicine management, she'd be an invalid.

Come on down.  Our property taxes are cheap, and the south is full of northerners that returned "home" after they retired from the auto industry.

We have 3 major lakes within 16 miles, and 3 Robert Trent Jones golf courses within eyesight of our house.  Not bad quality of life--for the money spent.  We boat up until November usually.
Sounds great!  I've not spent any time in Alabama, but now it seems I have a place to come visit!

WOW, lots of back operations. I am keeping my fingers crossed as my Dad has had 3 operations on his back and my sister has had 2. Somehow, I have escaped all the pain and surgery.

Do all hoists (elec) have key interlocks?

Does AL tax pensions? We do in MI now. :-(

WOW, lots of back operations. I am keeping my fingers crossed as my Dad has had 3 operations on his back and my sister has had 2. Somehow, I have escaped all the pain and surgery.

Do all hoists (elec) have key interlocks?
What is a key interlock? I use a key to turn on the power for the lift at the control box if that's what you mean.

What is a key interlock? I use a key to turn on the power for the lift at the control box if that's what you mean.
No, not all lifts have them.

Carl - Yes, a similar thing, though mine is 12v and the switch just disables the electronics module. The dealer replaced the control box on my ShoreStation at no charge this spring with a "newer, better" one. Uh huh, it has a key switch on it now. My guess is the lawyers had their way, as it's a liability concern more than a theft issue. It's the same reason I also have to press both buttons on the remote to enable it before using it. You can't simply press up or down and go.

Another thing I will have to look into in my hoist selection, This boat is getting expensive and I don't even have it yet

Starting today it is all down hill . :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically I'm the dooms day'er. Hopefully it warms up a little before it winds down.

Back