Glitch on the site

Wild and Free

Reaction score
When I try to hit the drop down menu in the top right by my name It will not let me choose anything from it. it drops down for only a split second and I can't get to a selection in time to choose. I can't get to my PM message section.

Figured I would throw it out in case others are having the same issue. :blink:

Internet Explorer is giving me the same hassle. Good catch.

andy

Using IE as well.

Yep, I tested Internet Explorer version 9.0.8112.16421 and saw the same bug. I don't experience that problem with Safari or Firefox.

Now to find a fix so I can read my PM's. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
One option would be to download Firefox for Windows. I have an iMac so Safari is my standard browser, but I also run Windows in a VMWARE window and I just tested downloading the latest Firefox browser and it works. Otherwise you might be waiting for a fix to the site so Internet Explore works again.

How long will it be before the fix happens so that I can get into my user control panel? As of now I can't get in to make any changes. As posted above I am not the only one having this problem.

How long will it be before the fix happens so that I can get into my user control panel? As of now I can't get in to make any changes. As posted above I am not the only one having this problem.
Hi Wild, just sent this issue to our webbie tech. He's off for the holiday break, but he may peak at e-mails. We'll see if this is fixable! Sorry for the glitch..this is a "canned" software program, which limits our abilities with it. Merry Christmas! TB

Hi Wild, just sent this issue to our webbie tech. He's off for the holiday break, but he may peak at e-mails. We'll see if this is fixable! Sorry for the glitch..this is a "canned" software program, which limits our abilities with it. Merry Christmas! TB
I went to the company that made your "canned" software and it appears they might have a fix. Here is the link to their support forum and their response to this exact issue. IP Board Support

IP.Board 3.1.4 JavaScript Patch for Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility

With the recent release of Internet Explorer 9, JavaScript compatibility issues have been reported with IP.Board 3.1. These issues stem from the fact that IP.Board utilizes Prototype, a popular JavaScript library, and the latest stable release of Prototype at the time of 3.1.4's release was version 1.6. Prototype version 1.7 has since been released to include compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.

Today we are releasing a patch for IP.Board 3.1.4 that includes the updated Prototype library (version 1.7) so that our clients may update their communities immediately. While IE9 is still new, adoption of the latest release of this popular browser is expected to grow quickly, and we want to ensure that our software works in as many commonly-used browsers as possible.

Updating your Community

As of the time of this announcement, the main IP.Board 3.1.4 download in your client area has been updated. If you download 3.1.4 after this announcement, your download will include the patch. You may optionally download the full 3.1.4 release and upload it to your community to ensure it is fully up to date at any time.

To patch your community manually, follow these simple steps:

Download the patch zip file attached to this announcement

Extract the zip file locally on your computer

Upload the contents of this zip file to your server, preserving directory structure (the /public folder should overwrite the /public folder on your server where IP.Board is located)

If you require assistance or have any questions, please feel free to submit a ticket.

Be aware that as this patch only involves updating a single JavaScript file, you and your users may need to clear your browser cache for the changes to take effect.

We believe this patch will work on any versions of IP.Board 3.1.x but has only been tested on version 3.1.4.

Attached Files

Attached File patch_board3_1_4_prototype17.zip 37.58K 10341 downloads

Thanks for the investigation into the issue men.

I am just a point and click kinda guy anything more complicated than that dealing with computers and programs and such jargin are over my head. :blink:

Thanks for the investigation into the issue men.

I am just a point and click kinda guy anything more complicated than that dealing with computers and programs and such jargin are over my head. :blink:
Just to clarify. I posted that for Team Bennington. The patch is to their canned software, not to your browser or anything on your machine. They will need to apply it in a test environment and validate that it works, and then deploy it to production during whatever green zone they have scheduled. Most likely, that will be after they return from vacation. The only thing you can do as a user is try different browsers. Internet Explorer 9 will not work until they apply this patch.

Ok, the patch has been applied.

Is it working better for you all now?

Note: You may have to delete your cache to implement the new code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back