GPS, depth and mercury engine info on one device?

lostpacket

Reaction score
No need for a fish finder or map but would love speed, depth and a way to see engine performance/diagnosis. What's the best (affordable) unit that can handle this? What should I be looking for for make sure it can hook up to the engine? In my perfect world I'd have a screen with trim (numeric), speed, rpm and current depth.

Check out the Simrad GO5. Might meet your desires. Around $500 street price but really nice unit. You probably need to set up a NMEA network.

I have a Verado 250 which comes with helm gauges that provide most all engine/performance feedback. What it doesn't do is give me depth, which my basic fish finder does as long as I'm not going faster that 12 MPH.

Interesting that your Mercury doesn't do that. Smaller engine?

I have a Verado 250 which comes with helm gauges that provide most all engine/performance feedback. What it doesn't do is give me depth, which my basic fish finder does as long as I'm not going faster that 12 MPH.

Interesting that your Mercury doesn't do that. Smaller engine?

150hp, it has the data it's just not displayed. I think the gauges only show RPM, fuel and trim. Basically I want trim as a number so it's more accurate and speed in mph. Depth is nice to have just to see parts around the lake or if we travel.

I found this which looks great since you can basically show anything you want it's just pricey considering it doesn't have any sensors with it.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/raymarine--i70s-multi-function-instrument-display--17184151

I might start with this and just show trim/speed and add depth later

If you order a boat with the Merc I/O you have an option of "Mercury Vessel View". Does anyone know what this is and if its worth the $3,000 + they ask for it? I'm thinking it is a all in one display hopefully with depth.

I don't think I can add any substantive response to your initial question, but I have two gauges that I can cycle through to show various readings, including speed, numerical trim, MPG, oil/temp, etc. While it would be nice to be able to see more than two items at a time, I'm adjusting. Depth is also important, but my Garmin 100 is not very good at that.

Back