GPS Mount deteriorating

Greg2017

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Bennington 2275 RCW that has a Garmin GPSMap 431s that was stock. I am the 3rd owner. I like the GPS and works great, but where it is attached to the console is starting to deteriorate. Each time I pull the cover off, it moves a bit, and becomes more loose. Attached is a stock picture and I don't seem to have an option to relocate it anywhere. I'll add exact pics in a few days when I'm back at the lake.
From the back, it just seems to be plastic that is broken and from the front (around the gps) the vinyl is pulling away and loose. Really don't want to replace the console, so I'm looking at what options I have to shore up this location and make the GPS fight right again. Getting under the console to do anything is very tight fit with the subwoofer under there.
Perhaps use this
and pull unit out of current location, cover hole with vinyl and see if I can find somewhere to mount this. Maybe that small area just in front if it is has enough surface.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20200513-171531.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20200513-171531.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 36
Some boat guys use King starboard to repair their consoles. Cut it to fit the area, glue/fasten and rout a new hole for the chartplotter. Comes in all colors. Search The Hull Truth.

Good luck!

Some boat guys use King starboard to repair their consoles. Cut it to fit the area, glue/fasten and rout a new hole for the chartplotter. Comes in all colors. Search The Hull Truth.

Good luck!
Thank you!! This has some possibilities.

Back