Graphics Removal

Jpzeroday

Reaction score
Hello,

Blackout 2575 QCW purchase in-progress. :) !

Quick question: I am thinking that the Blackout Q would look even better with vapor graphics deletion.

Has anyone experience in removing side graphics? Do the come off and leave an unmarked side panel?

Thanks,

JP

Just have your dealer put it on the order that you do not want it 

Ah, I see...no...it already has the graphics. I am buying a boat that is already built.

Can you ask the dealer to remove them ?

If it hasn't been exposed to the sun yet ,I would think that it would not have faded yet .

Hair dryer and LOTS of patience. The newer the graphic, the easier it will come off with heat, but it's going to be tedious !!!

JP

I have a 2014 Q25 Blackout without the graphics. I ordered it that way because I preferred the "clean" look of the all black.

DO NOT use an eraser wheel to remove these graphics. Benningtons come with a fabulous finish on there panels and you will most certainly mark the finish with a wheel. Yes it would then buff out but why not leave the factory finish undisturbed.

The process you want to use is simply heating the graphics to soften them, then simply pull them off. You can remove any remaining glue/residue with Acrysol (found at any body shop supply). This will leave the finish in it's factory new state.

We use eraser wheels in our Collision Center and they do work great on older, dried out graphics. Each time we use them, it does require much additional work on the paint finish.

Congrats on the new boat!

I agree, heat (carefully) is best, and try to get the edges peeled first so a large area can be peeled back (across it self) in a large pulling sweep.

Having that extra person there keeping the heat gun moving can be a life saver. If the boat is fairly new no "Decal  Tatoo" should be left.

But in another life time on my Tracker Party Barge, a refinsh on the side panels was in order.

Good Luck

JR

Well I see Big Block already beat me to it!! Haha, yeah the body guys said it will take it off, but on new finishes and fresh decals, good old fashioned heat and worn out thumbs work the best at keeping a clean finish. Be careful with the heat though, you want to gradually heat, not real close to the surface as the panels will be thinner than automobile metal. That's what he says anyways. 

JP

I have a 2014 Q25 Blackout without the graphics. I ordered it that way because I preferred the "clean" look of the all black.

DO NOT use an eraser wheel to remove these graphics. Benningtons come with a fabulous finish on there panels and you will most certainly mark the finish with a wheel. Yes it would then buff out but why not leave the factory finish undisturbed.

The process you want to use is simply heating the graphics to soften them, then simply pull them off. You can remove any remaining glue/residue with Acrysol (found at any body shop supply). This will leave the finish in it's factory new state.

We use eraser wheels in our Collision Center and they do work great on older, dried out graphics. Each time we use them, it does require much additional work on the paint finish.

Congrats on the new boat!

BigBlock,

Thanks. Do you have any pictures of your Q minus the graphics. Would like to check out the look...I might have my dealer remove them before delivery. Would you guys guess that a dealer would be able to do a competent job of removing the graphics?

Thanks,

JP

Just tell the dealer ,if you are not happy ( with the removal job ) you are not buying from them .

It's not really a dealers job to remove graphics.  When is the last time you saw a boat dealer with a paint shop?

Slyguy,

So jazzed:

2575 QCW EPS Blackout

Merc 300 Verado wDTS

Hybrid Tower

Front facing co capitan's lounge

Front Storage

Center fuel/floor storage

LEDs

Teak aft

Wetsounds

Echo 300

Dual batt/distribution

It's not really a dealers job to remove graphics.  When is the last time you saw a boat dealer with a paint shop?
I have to disagree.

It is job if he wants to make a sale . A Good Dealer will bend over backwards for a sale .

Buy somewhere else  or lower the price enough to have it done elsewhere 

Dealers that do glass work also paint .

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyguy,

So jazzed:

2575 QCW EPS Blackout

Merc 300 Verado wDTS

Hybrid Tower

Front facing co capitan's lounge

Front Storage

Center fuel/floor storage

LEDs

Teak aft

Wetsounds

Echo 300

Dual batt/distribution
Very cool.   B)   Will need pics

The dealer obviously had that boat coming in sped'd the way it is with the graphics, you agreed to purchase it, now some on here recommend you make demands to the dealer for which he MAY not be able to accommodate. It's a simple process to remove them when new but it does take care and patience.

There's no tension with the dealer. I asked if they would remove the graphics. They said they could, but recommended that I wait in case I like them. I have seen the vapor graphics on a non blackout Q and didn't care so much for them. Haven't, though actually seen them on a blackout edition to know for sure. That's why I was hoping bigblock could post some pics!

:)

JP

The dealer obviously had that boat coming in sped'd the way it is with the graphics, you agreed to purchase it, now some on here recommend you make demands to the dealer for which he MAY not be able to accommodate. It's a simple process to remove them when new but it does take care and patience.
Knowing what I paid for an R and that a Q is a lot more ,I sure would Demand or buy else where .

Looks like it is a non issue ,as the dealer said he can do it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back