Graphite Simtex - too hot in the sun?

Been thinking about this and realize I neglected to tell you I don't have Simtex. I have traditional vinyl on my 2012 Benny. So my little experiment will not be as valuable to this discussion as someone who does have it. I'm still going to do it. Anyone out there with Simtex that has a hand held infrared thermometer that will also report results?

Had a sunny day yesterday so I pulled the cover back to get some readings. Come to realize I have off white seats with light beige accent colors. So nothing even close to dark colors. Hard to believe I don't know my own interior colors when we usually use the boat almost every weekend! (In my defense, haven't been on the boat for about 5 weeks because we have some things going on here at home.)

Reading my seats is not going to give anyone any meaningful information. I am still curious just how much hotter darker Simtex colors are than lighter colors. I hope someone does the investigation I had planned. You can get a hand held infrared thermometer for under $25 from Amazon. And they have lots of uses. Checking trailer bearings is a great use for it.

Etekcity Infrared Thermometer Lasergrip 749

Back