Great vacation with my Bennington at Nolin Lake, Kentucky

Stevez

Reaction score
I bought my Bennington this past spring and docked it on the Ohio River this summer just for this year. We purchased a lot down at Nolin Lake in Kentucky and have a dock; just no house yet. Just had a 5 day vacation there (rented a house close by) and pulled my boat down. Had a blast even though it rained a bit. I love this boat! We have a SX25 with a Yamaha 250 and spent a lot of time on it this past week. We have the ESP and the ride was exceptional. I've posted before that my prop doesn't seem right and that's still the case, but for now it was a great time. My 10 month old grand-daughter was having a blast, which of course made me have the time of my life! As for trailering the boat (about a hundred miles), there was no problem whatsoever. I've pulled boats before so that wasn't an issue. I will say it was much more difficult loading the boat on the trailer than I've experienced before with a runabout v-hull. Took us several tries to get it right, but I'm sure we'll get better with it. You really have to line those three tubes up perfectly and hope the back end doesn't drift to much! Great time and took my ride in for it's 20 hour servicing.

Attachments

• IMG_2912.jpg
    IMG_2912.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 32
Excellent! We bought a place on Rough River last summer, and promptly added SHMILY! to the equation. No regrets; only happy times and great memories.

All the best, neighbor!

Congrats Stevez! Glad you all had a good time! Many more to come! Getting your boat lined up will get easier the more you do it. Quick tip........as you line up your toons to sit on the trailer properly have your wife at the rear of the boat with a rope in hand keeping the boat from swinging either way. It will be a big help. Also.......you're way to young to have grandkids!!!

Steve, I have operated boats for much of my life, but I found my 22’ Benny was a bit more challenging. So I decided to add the trailer guides (the white poles on the side of the trailer) and inner tube guides to assist in the loading process. Without the vertical white poles at the end of the trailer it was difficut to line up properly. Then there’s the wind factor. Again having the Trailer guides allows you to “spin” slightly on the poles if your alignment isn’t perfect. Well worth the money.

Congrats Stevez! Glad you all had a good time! Many more to come! Getting your boat lined up will get easier the more you do it. Quick tip........as you line up your toons to sit on the trailer properly have your wife at the rear of the boat with a rope in hand keeping the boat from swinging either way. It will be a big help. Also.......you're way to young to have grandkids!!!

Thanks and YOU DA MAN for the comment on my age!!! Thanks!

Excellent! We bought a place on Rough River last summer, and promptly added SHMILY! to the equation. No regrets; only happy times and great memories.

All the best, neighbor!
Thanks Shmily! Had a house at Rough River for a lot of years and sold it 5 or so years ago. Missed it so much had to buy another and a new boat! I have some phenomenal memories at RR!

Back