Great weekend!

Lay Lake

Reaction score
This holiday weekend like most had its highs and lows, but having the opportunity to visit with my sister in law and brother in law is always good. Then, today they asked if it was okay to invite some friends with twin 4 year old girls. I didn't hesitate to tell them to come. I asked them if they wanted to ride on the tube, a 3 seater chair style. They said sure. I had no idea if the 4 year old girls with their mother between them would like it or be terrified. Their screams of joy and laughter made MY weekend. Then one of the twin girls proclaimed today as "the best day ever".

I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend!

The weekend forecast was rain, storms, rain, and more rain all day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Instead we had perfect weather with sunny skies and temps around 80 degrees. It didn't rain until about 2:00 pm on Monday and by then we were done boating. We had a great time with our daughter and her family. My two first mates were very helpful.

Attachments

• First Mate #1.JPG
    First Mate #1.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 24
  • First Mate #2.JPG
    First Mate #2.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 24
Great weekend at Truman Lake,MO as the storms stayed away!794F31C9-E959-4B37-9C1E-AD4B4E1EEF3E.jpegEC34029F-25DC-4FC9-B42E-A9325BAE5BD1.jpegD753D818-7A2D-4715-BB3E-C6FD7BCD7178.jpegF5C19D27-03FA-4E70-A002-3402AC68CF35.jpeg

Glad folks were able to get out. Complete washout down here.

This holiday weekend like most had its highs and lows, but having the opportunity to visit with my sister in law and brother in law is always good. Then, today they asked if it was okay to invite some friends with twin 4 year old girls. I didn't hesitate to tell them to come. I asked them if they wanted to ride on the tube, a 3 seater chair style. They said sure. I had no idea if the 4 year old girls with their mother between them would like it or be terrified. Their screams of joy and laughter made MY weekend. Then one of the twin girls proclaimed today as "the best day ever".

I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend!
Great story! That's what boating is all about!

Although my experience has been days like that usually end up with your guest buying a boat 2-3 weeks later.

Great story! That's what boating is all about!

Although my experience has been days like that usually end up with your guest buying a boat 2-3 weeks later.

Well... they actually had their own boat they were trying out. It is an older model with a motor that had set up for a while, but it ran great. We let them use the neighborhood boat ramp to avoid the congested public one. So, they probably just bought a boat and a tube!

Glad folks were able to get out. Complete washout down here.

Sorry to hear that. We actually needed some rain and got nearly 2 inches Friday night which put some debris in the water, but it wasn't too bad. Then we had sunny skies the rest of the weekend. Hopefully you can have nice weather very soon!

Lake Cumberland rose 6' in 4 days because of the heavy rains last week. Worst debris fields I have every seen. There was no wind on Friday and Saturday so everything was floating everywhere. We idled through all the wood in the main channel and then went up White Oak channel and broke the transducer bracket on a log. We still had a great day with our daughters' family and 3 littles. She has stayed isolated and needed some outdoor time in a safe setting. The weather was beautiful until we went out on Monday after everybody left and that thunderstorm chance for the last 3 days showed up. Did the put the cover on in the rain and lightning again. This weekend is why we are blessed to have a place to share with friends and family.

Attachments

• debris.jpg
    debris.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 38
Where does all that debris end up going? We get some small stuff from time to time but nothing like that.

Wind and boat wakes push it to the shorelines and as the lake level drops it stays on shore. A few years ago the CoE had a huge chipper on a barge trying to clear the shore line. They tried all summer when the equipment was working and cleared maybe a mile. The lake has 1240 miles of shoreline.

Wow, that's a lot of debris. Hopefully it clears up soon and has gotten rid of most of it for the year.

That debris is insane. I guess that puts into perspective what little sea vegetation washes up on our shoreline during heavy storms. Maybe 1-2 wheelbarrow’s full of sea weed, and maybe a stray bumper or something. Fairly rare there is actually anything floating around in the lake.

The slip next to us had a baby seat, propane tank and 30' log in it. Unfortunately, in Kentucky lots of trash has been throw "over the hill" and when you get flood stage it starts floating down the river.

Lake Cumberland rose 6' in 4 days because of the heavy rains last week. Worst debris fields I have every seen. There was no wind on Friday and Saturday so everything was floating everywhere. We idled through all the wood in the main channel and then went up White Oak channel and broke the transducer bracket on a log. We still had a great day with our daughters' family and 3 littles. She has stayed isolated and needed some outdoor time in a safe setting. The weather was beautiful until we went out on Monday after everybody left and that thunderstorm chance for the last 3 days showed up. Did the put the cover on in the rain and lightning again. This weekend is why we are blessed to have a place to share with friends and family.
And I thought our lake was full of debris.

Back