Greenwood Lake NJ

PaneintheGlass

Reaction score
Hi all, my wife and I have been boaters for over 20 years. We bought three boats over the years from Steve DeFeo at DeFeo’s Marina on Greenwood Lake. The first was a Regal 24 bowrider with a Merc 450 Mag. Spent two years cutting our teeth on the lake, the next boat was a Regal 3560 express cruiser with twin Merc 8.1s. Sixteen years with this DeFeo-bought-boat on the Hudson, at Haverstraw Marina, lots of Manhattan circumnavigations, NY Harbor, Long Island Sound, Block Island, and up and down the Jersey Shore. The major leagues. Sold our beloved Regal last August and decided to come full circle and return to day-boating on Greenwood Lake in our newly bought 2021 24’ SVSR with the Yamaha 150. Bought it from Steve DeFeo, of course. Steve and his brother, Rick have always been truly honorable and thoroughly honest businessmen. Our new tritoon already sits in the DeFeo hangar ready to roll out in the spring, the new Yammy engine has been mounted and we‘ll install the Garmin, etc., before splashing.

But, I will end this initial posting with very sad news. Steve suddenly and recently passed away, God rest his soul. Steve was the business while brother Rick runs the repair, maintenance, and yard operations. They were the perfect match in business. Our new toon could have been one of Steve’s last sales. We’re very saddened but enormously gratified that we knew Steve for so many years. The best we can do is look forward to the delivery of our next Pane in the Glass, and devote our newly found summer of relaxing no-brainer boating to Steve’s memory. May Rick and all at DeFeo‘s find the strength to continue and push ahead. Let this thread be the start of many Greenwood Lake postings.

Copy that, couldn’t have been better said. My family has been on the lake for 75 plus years. The family has bought several boats from DeFeo’s over the years. I’m on my second Bennington from them. Very sad situation. My family’s thoughts and prayers go out to all at Defeo’s Marina.

I spent many summer days on GWL, lots of great memories. We bought a house at Lake Wallenpaupack last year, which is more of a get-away for us (which we wanted), as I live close to GWL. When we bought our Benny last year, I got a quote form DeFeo and they were good guys to deal with.

Back