Grill

Shawn

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thinking about getting a grill for the pontoon. Just wondered who else may have one and what kind it is. The Magna grill looks nice but it is pricey.

Shawn

Shawn - Think there was an earlier thread on grills you might want to look out, regardless, after one false start, I bought a Magma grill with a pedestal mount from West Marine when they were on sale. You are right they are somewhat "pricey" but I think they are just better and worth the money for a number of reasons. The positives beyond just cooking are that attachment of the propane cylinder is super easy, the grill is in three sections meaning they fit submerged in a normal size sink for cleaning, and the bottom of the grill is smooth (meaning no screw points sticking up) making it easier to clean. With the pedestal mount, it all takes about one minute to set up and start the flame going.

I know other people use all kinds of different (and usually cheaper) brands. The one I first had was a "Kuuma" and it just sucked for multiple reasons. What ever you decide on, suggest you consider more than just cooking surface size and price - specifically ease of setup/takedown and cleaning.

I also have the Magma Catalina Grill with the pedestal mount and couldn’t be happier with it. It gets hot quick, lots of surface area, plus the Infra-red heating is great (no flare ups). Functionality aside it looks great too, I get as many compliments on the grill as I do on the boat. One other nice thing is the fold up legs, so it can easily be used on land too, which I took advantage of when my full size grill ran out of propane while cooking a few weeks back. I also have the serving shelf, which I highly recommend, it’s great for holding the food while loading the grill up and it’s a good place to put the tongs or other utensils while cooking.

Grill_2.JPG

Grill_1.JPG

Back