Guardian Angels we’re watching over us.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
2D530BB5-FC72-486E-A7D3-25EB74440F95.jpeg A21013A7-EEF3-42AC-9710-A5E4220ACD54.jpeg 62CBFEB6-D08C-40C3-BFDD-9069F1720A31.jpeg 4B1811C4-C60D-45A7-A242-C483CDEF6047.jpeg 872D0B6E-77CB-4A42-B3CE-5788528919EE.jpeg E93F9D98-227B-418A-BEE6-759471CD7D34.jpeg 51299528-ADC1-4F2E-A535-C4F19D48F251.jpeg DD17C35E-C443-4222-B59B-CCC3245E49F1.jpeg I had just picked up my wife from the airport last Thursday, April 11. About 8:30 pm, heading back home on a 6 lane road, we were coming to an intersection with cruise control set on 55 mph (speed limit). A truck load of 16 y/o kids turned in front of us, leaving us no where to go but into his truck. I might have had enough time to slow a couple of mph, but we slammed into them, and then bounced into two more cars. I was hauled off in an ambulance. Our neighbors picked up and brought my wife to the hospital shortly afterwards. They did X-ray and CT scans on both of us. I had banged up left side, arm, head, as well as cervical sprain. Kelly was slammed into the center console. Bruised her up, broke rib, and bruised up her chest. Air bags went off all over that Jeep.

Last edited:
Damn. Glad you guys are ok as that was some wreck. Amazing what modern engineering can do to lessen the forces of impacts. Everyone else ok?

All four vehicles had to be towed. I was the only one hauled off in a ambulance, but I believe, besides my wife, one other had to get checked out. Glad my dash cam showed everything. There were also a number of witnesses that said the 16 yo driver failed to yield to oncoming traffic (me).

Wow, glad you are all as ok as you can be after you survive a wreck such as this.

Glad you're all mostly ok. Very scary stuff, can happen to anyone, no matter how responsible you are behind the wheel.

I've seen various dash cams in cars now and never even thought about getting one myself, not knowing what I'd do with it. Now I know ;-)

Holy cow - so happy everyone survived, and that there appears to be no long term injuries. I hope healing and recovery go well, and that once healed, nothing lingers chronically. Modern technology and a couple guardian angles can go a long way. Scary!

Glad everyone came through it without significant injury.

Wow! Glad your both walking away from that one, in pain, but walking. Today’s technology definitely makes a difference in these situations.

If you feel like sharing the video I’d be interested in seeing it. Considering a dash cam as well now.

After all of the dust settles, I’ll post the video. We had dash cams in all three vehicles. Never left the house without making sure they were on. This confirms my caution. You just never know what’s going to happen. My cam confirmed what the police report had, but if you ever have to go to court, a video has a much bigger impact on a judge and/or jury than someone’s testimony. Besides, it makes you even more careful to follow laws of the road. You don’t want evidence of yourself acting like a fool. I would advise everyone to have them. Around $65.00 each. My cams record over old footage unless something like this happens, then it isolates that incident so it is protected from being erased.

Yes, it can, Link. I was so grateful to be able to look at my wife and ask if she was ok. Could have been staring at a limp body, or vice-versa. She did scare me when she responded with a no. She was very shaken.

Randy, can you share a link of the unit you use? I'm in the blue hair state so I get seniors pulling out in front of me constantly. One day my luck will wear out. (Happened yesterday coming back from lunch)

Yikes! Glad there were no live threatening injuries but that pretty Jeep of your's sure did take a licking.

Yikes! Glad there were no live threatening injuries but that pretty Jeep of your's sure did take a licking.

As you can probably guess, they totaled it. My wife cried when we went back and looked at it. She didn’t allow dust to settle on that thing. Had almost every option you can get. That, and it was her favorite color.

As you can probably guess, they totaled it. My wife cried when we went back and looked at it. She didn’t allow dust to settle on that thing. Had almost every option you can get. That, and it was her favorite color.
Wow! So glad you and your wife were not very badly injured.

I'm sure you expected your car to be totaled and, from the pictures, really don't want that car to be fixed and returned. I have some personal experience with being forced to have a car repaired that should have been totaled and that car never drove the same again.

Back