Handy hints, gadgets, products, gizmos & ideas...

Just watched the video. You definitely need an epirb when going off shore. Either in salt or great lakes.

Does anyone have an idea for something to purchase to plug the table mount hole ?

Does anyone have an idea for something to purchase to plug the table mount hole ?

3" PVC pipe cap..or whatever size matches your opening. Outside diameter of the cap for 3" pipe is about 4".   My table mount protrudes about 1.5 inches below the deck so the PVC cap covers it and goes into the hole about half an inch.  Seal with silicon sealant/adhesive.  

Oh wrong surface... misunderstood.

Great idea, tcpip95. You definitely sound prepared!

And that was a pretty amazing rescue vid. Cheers to the USCG!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for something to cap the hole when the table is not used. I keep stubbing my toe on the hole.

I had a hole in a counter top that we had to cover. I used a cap I found at Staples or someplace that they use to cover up holes in desks. You could try that. You could also try some rubber stoppers for glass drink containers. Could try a plumbing supply place, too?? We never used the table on our last boat and I, also, used to stub my toe. Since we were ordering the Bennington, I asked that the table not be installed. They gave it to me anyway in case we change our mind! I bought a little cooler with cup holders to use instead.

Somwhere on here there was a part found on the net. Maybe one of the search gurus can locate it. It had a part# and everything.

Labled myself...

I am looking for something to cap the hole when the table is not used. I keep stubbing my toe on the hole.

This is a concern of mine. I was wondering what to do to cover the hole for the table when not in use. I am afraid either us or our dogs will step wrong and break something. May be easier just to leave the table in....

We haven't used our table once in 3 full season, make that 4 seasons as we didn't use it on our last boat either. We have a yellow lab and a 21 month old. The only thing to ever end up in there was an icecube. We only have the L seating area table though so it's a little out of the way compared to some who add the bow tables.

I don't think you really have to worry about it.

Just ordered these, this week. Came in, yesterday. We can't/won't use glass stemware, but we have got some pretty nice plastic stemware that we can use with these. 

619eGr3HlgL._SL1200_.jpg

This is a concern of mine. I was wondering what to do to cover the hole for the table when not in use. I am afraid either us or our dogs will step wrong and break something. May be easier just to leave the table in....

Just got our new Benny, put some hours on in and trailered it out to our place on Oahe Reservoir in South Dakota./ The Kicker FM and AM bands worked fine in eastern South Dakota but we have no reception out on the Missouri.  Did I miss the antenna?  We left the Benny there so I can not look until next Monday.  I looked up the Kicker and it looks like it comes with a 45 inch antenna just wondering where they hid it.

It's probably coiled up inside the helm.

+1  Yup....  mine wasn't exactly coiled but wasn't stretched out.... I untangled it and taped it to the inside of the helm stretched out as far as I could manage. It did make a difference. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On my Lake (small and private) I could literally yell from my boat and be heard by other boats, homeowners and guests of The Lake :)

I carry a Ham Radio because I love the Hobby 

FT2DR_thumb.jpg

As said many times before if on The Great Lakes or anything over 500 acres it would be a necessity as would a good flare gun

A Flare Gun On The Great Lakes Seems to be a No - Brainer 

HOU+Requested+photo+flare+gun.jpg

Lights Light Bright Bright Lights 

Acebeam X65

image-of-AceBeam-X65-12000-300x286.png
The Acebeam X65 flashlight is a versatile and powerful high-end LED flashlight. It has an impressive choice of brightness modes ranging from tiny Firefly mode to super-bright Turbo Max mode. It’s made of rugged materials for toughness and durability in a wide range of situations.

The X65 is one of the brightest flashlights on the market, with up to 12,000 lumens in its most powerful mode, thanks to the five Cree XHP35 high-intensity LEDs. When you don’t need maximum brightness, you can choose one of six other modes, with as little as 4 lumens in Firefly mode. One battery charge lasts an incredible 450 hours in Firefly mode.

The versatility of the Acebeam X65 is another strong reason to consider it. Besides a large number of modes, this LED flashlight is manufactured with aircraft-grade aluminum for toughness, it’s waterproof to 2 meters and has a hard-anodized, anti-abrasive finish.

Product_181448d783294b19c4acb8d34d90c23fde43a.png

I may be a little paranoid but my motto is always 

Better Safe Than Sorry"

We have all but the ring on our boat. And VHF instead of the HAM.

Back