hard to reach grease fittings

royal4

Reaction score
I have a 150 yamaha with power steering. There are six grease fitting across the front of the motor, one on each side face the rear and four face the front, the ones that face the rear can be accessed by raising the motor all the way as can both outside ones that face the front. The two center one that face the front are blocked by the power steering bar in front of them. Has anyone greased them? Did you disconnect the power steering bar ( something I'm not about to do). As I was thinking about posting this it came to me they could be accessed if they were 90 degree fittings facing other than forward (need to look at it again). I may buy two 90 degree fittings after I take another look at them.

add: there may only be three across the front facing forward, I can't remember as I greased them last week but two are not accessible because of the power steering (Seastar) bar.

Last edited:
I can't remember on mine but I remember trimming up, down and turning the motor side to side. There were some tight ones though especially under the cowling.

You can buy a 90* adapter that hooks into your grease gun.

Search this, PRO-LUBE - ALA/01 - 2" Long, Grease Gun Adapter

Interesting. When my boat was winterzed last week I asked about grease fittings. I was told that due to the power steering he could only access one. I’m going to follow up with the dealor.

I was wondering where all of the grease fitting were on the Yammy 150. I think I've only seen two, so far.

I was wondering where all of the grease fitting were on the Yammy 150. I think I've only seen two, so far.

The owners manual (maintenance section) has a pretty good picture of where everything is but I still have to search and I'm not sure I've found them all. I didn't find any inside the cowl. Some you can't see unless the motor is tilted up.

add: I broke off one of the fittings as I couldn't get the grease gun off. I was freaking out thinking I would have to use an easy out or have to take it to the dealer and costing me a bunch of $$$$ yada, yada, yada. I love the internet as it told me I might be able to get it out with a sharp phillips head and bang it worked. I also learned how grease guns work and if you just loosen the head (very end of grease gun that goes on the nipple) it'll pop right off, something I didn't know.

Last edited:
Back