Hate to see summer end!

In middle Tennessee, the water temperature last weekend was 82 degrees. With most days this week being in the 90s, that water temperature is going to hold for at least another couple of weeks.

Pulled our's yesterday after a glorious late summer weekend here in Michigan that saw temperatures in the low 80's. The water temps have trended down to about 72 but the sandbar was still in the low 80's. This coming weekend will see temps in the mid-60's and lows in the 40's. Yikes!

Bummer so many are coming to the end of another season. Hopefully winter zips by fast and you're all back on the water in no time.

Bummer so many are coming to the end of another season. Hopefully winter zips by fast and you're all back on the water in no time.
Says the newly minted Michigan transplant! ;) Must be nice to no longer have "boating season" as part of your lexicon. You'll have to carry us northerners through the winter with some posts and pictures of your endless summer boating adventures!

I'll do my best! But it's not all fun and games here. We have a lot of bugs, rain and I saw an email today that a 10ft alligator was spotted in our neighborhood canals.

I'll do my best! But it's not all fun and games here. We have a lot of bugs, rain and I saw an email today that a 10ft alligator was spotted in our neighborhood canals.
You went too far south. :)

YIKES!!

Pulled the dock and lifts today. Boat looks pretty lonely....til it comes out next weekend.

Attachments

• 77BA2197-A398-4EE4-B68A-A4D8F5BF3AB5.jpeg
    77BA2197-A398-4EE4-B68A-A4D8F5BF3AB5.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 29
Ummmm... I sorta feel like we're starting our boating season here in south Texas. Somehow, at 100 degrees in August with 98% humidity, we just didn't feel like going out (of course, we have to trailer & launch, so its extra effort in roasting heat). Like golf, October-May is our best season.

This is my first fall in Fl and my mind/body is confused. I feel like I should be eating donuts from the orchard and deer hunting but instead I'm in my shorts fishing and swimming in the pool. I do miss a proper northern fall though.

Pulled the boat Saturday and my “dock crew” came yesterday to take dock out. Sure looks different with it all gone from the lake :-( Colors starting to change so that’s something to see, but will be a long time til launch in the spring. We do like winter in Traverse City but will miss the boat.

Pulled the boat Saturday and my “dock crew” came yesterday to take dock out. Sure looks different with it all gone from the lake :-( Colors starting to change so that’s something to see, but will be a long time til launch in the spring. We do like winter in Traverse City but will miss the boat.

That is a beautiful area up there. Enjoy and share some photos of the color change.

Dropped ours off at the dealer yesterday ,all of 42 degrees on the 45 minute ride over .
Here is 1 of the 5 trees that fell on the river from a storm earlier in the week . Some of the other boats were not as lucky .upload_2018-10-6_12-12-16.png upload_2018-10-6_12-11-56.png

Summer end? Not familiar with that term, lol. Actually it's beginning to cool down out here now. The high today will be a chilly 86. Typically October is one of the nicest months. Temps very comfortable, wind usually not too bad, summer crowds gone, kids in school and the Snowbirds haven't shown up in numbers (yet). The coolest months here are December and January and by February it starts to warm back up averaging in the high 70's to mid 80's.

Yeah, I miss hopping in the pool after work, in January, when I lived in Tucson. It was heated, but air temp was still 60-70+ degrees during the day.

Just got done pulling the boat, 48 degree water temp with air temp of 37. Had to get in the water to clean off the feet of the sea legs so they’d clear the guides on the trailer......not fun!:(

Back