Have a chance to buy a waterfront lot.......

It is also important when spending big money for a lot not to have massive dirt moving prior to building.
Moving dirt is surprisingly expensive, turns out bulldozers aren't cheap.

Yes it is a Big chunk of change! Then you have to put a house on it. Same here don't want a mortgage......
A new house worthy of such a lot would be $450k or more.
But BK, Its got a such a beautiful structure on it. Might be time to downsize, really, all you need on that lot is a garage. o_O

I know lakes close to large cities are expensive, however that is very expensive by any standards on southern lakes. A new house worthy of such a lot would be $450k or more.

Our lake house is on inherited land with 200' water frontage bought in 1946 for $4600. This is 2017, however.

Our house is at the mouth of a big creek overlooking the river channel 1.5 miles wide. We have a 6 mile sunset water view which is important to us. The quality of the water is also important, as we have a rock bottom with 55 foot water depth. We have a shopping center with groceries and two good restaurants 3 miles away. But our ace in the hole is two Robert Trent Jones golf courses (8050 yards) on our street.

It is also important when spending big money for a lot not to have massive dirt moving prior to building.

Yup $450000 for the lot and at least another $400000 for the house, well, septic, and landscaping package. That was a ballpark quote from the builder that built our house.

We have plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, Lowes, Walmart, a hospital, and 3 golf courses within 15 minutes. Including Trump National Golf club of Charlotte in Mooresville. Wow! 8050 yards is a long a$$ course!

But BK, Its got a such a beautiful structure on it. Might be time to downsize, really, all you need on that lot is a garage. o_O
That structure has got to go!!!

Boathouses are another great expense. Most of our new pier/boathouses are concrete above and below--no floaters. Next door neighbor spent $58k 5 years ago. Double concrete boathouses push $100k and most being built are doubles.

Boathouses are another great expense. Most of our new pier/boathouses are concrete above and below--no floaters. Next door neighbor spent $58k 5 years ago. Double concrete boathouses push $100k and most being built are doubles.
Wow! Most of the boathouses here are floaters. Duke Energy limits the square footage to I believe, 1000 sq. feet over the water. That includes walkways......

Ours was 35k 10 years ago.

I'm finding no one in FL has covered lifts. Not sure if that is due to the types of boats down there but I'm not a fan of going uncovered. The sun destroys everything.

I'm finding no one in FL has covered lifts. Not sure if that is due to the types of boats down there but I'm not a fan of going uncovered. The sun destroys everything.
We have those pesky hurricane and tropical storm things :cool:

Not every year! Weird they build homes and don't care if they get torn off but they draw the line when building a cover for a boat lift!!!

Yeah man cover up! Ha! Youll have to be the first in your area to have one then.......

In my area of Cape Coral they have covers made out of aluminum frames and sunbrella or similar materials for covers. However, there's building codes on height and size. I'm in a condo, which won't allow for covers so I use the playpen cover to protect the boat from the sun.

I like those. I'll have to look into something like that.

I saw quite a few at the Fort Myers boat show, mostly for fixed mounted lifts on pilings though. They don't really use remove-able lifts here at all, no need for it.

Back