Heading out soon.

amr7333

Reaction score
We will be heading out soon to the lake. Its supposed to be a really nice warm day with little to no wind. As I sit looking out at the trees right now, hardly a leaf is moving.

When we get back, I will give a report to you northern boys about what soft water and shorts wearing weather is like. Short of an invitation(which is open by the way), I can't do much more than that.

:D

We will be heading out soon to the lake. Its supposed to be a really nice warm day with little to no wind. As I sit looking out at the trees right now, hardly a leaf is moving.

When we get back, I will give a report to you northern boys about what soft water and shorts wearing weather is like. Short of an invitation(which is open by the way), I can't do much more than that.

:D
we were out yesterday for our 4th time, and will head out today to soak up some 84 degree "Northern" warmth.. lol have a good time

Ron

Water temp still in the 60's but a good time was had. A little windy here but air temp into the 90's. The boat ran well. No real mishaps. Dunno what else to report.

Will try to pull a few pics into the gallery and get them posted.

Any questions???

Water temp still in the 60's but a good time was had. A little windy here but air temp into the 90's. The boat ran well. No real mishaps. Dunno what else to report.

Will try to pull a few pics into the gallery and get them posted.

Any questions???
What is the top speed you are seeing? I am getting mid forties with the verado225 on a 2275 gcw with ESP

What is the top speed you are seeing? I am getting mid forties with the verado225 on a 2275 gcw with ESP
Finch

We are getting about the same with very little trimming. When I get it all figured out on smooth water, I would expect a little more speed.

I was hoping to see 50 but don't think it will happen. What kind of prop are you using and what RPM are you getting up to?

I was hoping to see 50 but don't think it will happen. What kind of prop are you using and what RPM are you getting up to?
Hmmmm. 17 pitch three blade IIRC. The boat is in storage by the lake so I can't run out and look.

As for RPM, I haven't seen 6K yet.

The secret on my boat is in the trim. With the motor all the way down, I can get up to speed and then start fiddling with the trim and its like I just kicked it in overdrive. I don't have enough hours yet for sustained high RPM's. Therefore, I can't get the trim fine tuned.

Hope this information helps some.

I'm still in the break in period as well, I will keep you posted but as of now I am not seeing more than 5400 rpm's......

Back