Heated seats

Richard Foisy

Reaction score
2F2DC9C4-2353-4D06-8CB3-3A9BFA476CF9.jpeg F83737D4-9AA0-4B79-AFEF-E2ACA013B183.jpeg D32AC1A6-92F7-464B-9814-A6591B679D56.jpeg 3BE9F023-57B1-4611-A8EB-026AE00A9A42.jpeg We haven’t even used our boat yet ,but i love changing things so I bought some carbon fibre seat heat elements and installed one on the helm seat and one on a lounge seat. I bought them on amazon for $45.00 they don’t seem quite as hot as car seat heat from factory but feel quite warm on high. I connected both to the unused aux switch. Both were connected to it and run on high which didn’t kick out the 5 amp breaker.

Sweet! I thought I was a real sissy when I got my heated steering wheel! :)

Thanks for that, the seat heater went out in the wife's Honda. I should be able to fix that for next winter.

Pretty cool! Nice job

My wife told me to study up, our boat is next! My buddies bust my chops about my new truck, I’ll just be giving them more ammo with that upgrade.
BTW, this is a fantastic idea!

I like it. Great idea.

53C5FFA0-CB65-4EBA-A395-56B5B9012423.jpeg

I ran the wire through the helm base and the floor ,then back up to the console. Also cut a couple V notches ,sanded smooth in the sliding base to allow for fore and aft positioning of the seat.

I am nearly the most UN-handy-man there is in these areas. It makes me that more impressed with what you did with your seating. As someone with a boat in a northern climate, I can really see taking advantage of something like that in the early spring, or a chilly morning/evening of boating. Well done!

Yes ,live on a lake in Saskatchewan,summers are hot but it cools down in the evening. Our last boat was a Splendor deck boat with a stern drive. While building the boat, I had them install a heater with 7 outlets using the engine glycol running through the heater. It wasn’t as effective as I had hoped because the heat dispersed quickly being open to the air. It did keep our feet warm though. You could try one of those heated auto seat cushion add ons that plug in the Acc plug outlet.

I don't have a pair big enough to tear apart a brand new seat, let alone two seats!!!!

I have never done it before. The helm seat was quite easy,just plastic clips around metal rods. I didn’t remove any staples. The area where the cross stitching is held in with Velcro to form the crease along the side bolsters. The lounge was quite a bit trickier.

I don't have a pair big enough to tear apart a brand new seat, let alone two seats!!!!

I know what you mean! I took a dremel to the helm on our new boat to trim a 1/4” off BEHIND the trim panel and felt sick to my stomach. I can’t imagine tearing seat covers off brand new seats either!!!!

I used to do the seat heaters all the time when I worked for Mercedes Benz.

Back