Heavy duty rub rail

CGN-40

Reaction score
I added this option but can't find a pic of what the difference between the regular and heavy duty. Any help?

The heavy duty rub rail adds a medium composite rubber like strip along the center of the standard rail that acts a small thin bumper all the way around the boat. It works great for deflecting minor rubs against the dock or other boats but if you are going to be tying your boat up to a dock for any length of time you will still want bumpers to protect the rail properly.

With:

20130503_132342.jpg

Without:

gallery_4205_263_19403.jpg

Yeah I definitely will be using fenders. Thanks for the pics.

I have them on mine, Don't know why anyone wouldn't order the rub rails...

Agreed, one more layer of protection is never a bad thing.

If I had a lift I might go without, other than that, GET IT !!!!

Semper, even with a lift you need them. As long as I have been on this forum and as many posts as I have read, I never knew the rub strips were not standard. Thanks to newbie Nero for the pics. Steve

My 2075GLi didn't have them and it sucked, because here is another bonus of the rub rail, it keeps your trailer bunk stops just a little further away so it's easier to snap the playpen cover on.

Nerosync

Is that a Pulte home? Looks my subdivision

Todd

I have them on mine, Don't know why anyone wouldn't order the rub rails...
I agree 100%, but I could NOT order them with our boat. I'd have to look, but it had something to do with the extended deck and the ski bar causing it to not be possible. I never dug into it or asked the dealer about it, just took buildaboat's word for it.

I do wish I had it though. It doesn't take much to dent the "non rub" rail.

Funny...my salesman actually talked me out of getting the rub rails because he thought that they actually "take away" from the "classy-ness" of the stainless steel bumpers and docking lights. Hmmm, I don't know. I guess I'll try not to bump into stuff.

Yeah, the old trailer bunks vs the playpen cover snaps fight...

I had one snap get ripped off by the bunk before I even got the boat home from the dealer.

Someone (might have been you Derrick) posted a radiator hose mod for the bunk that I always thought was clever, but I haven't added it yet because the one snap that was really in the way lost that fight a long time ago. It put up a good fight though. There are some big scars in the carpet on the bunk from the snap that's no longer there. There's a chunk of carpet that's actually gone, and the wood underneith took a beating too. You guys with boats know what I'm talking about. Those that haven't gotten their boat yet, will know what I'm talking about soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny...my salesman actually talked me out of getting the rub rails because he thought that they actually "take away" from the "classy-ness" of the stainless steel bumpers and docking lights. Hmmm, I don't know. I guess I'll try not to bump into stuff.
I have the "Stainless Rub Rail" option on my RLi ............. Looks sharp !!!

Yeah, the old trailer bunks vs the playpen cover snaps fight...

I had one snap get ripped off by the bunk before I even got the boat home from the dealer.

Someone (might have been you Derrick) posted a radiator hose mod for the bunk that I always thought was clever, but I haven't added it yet because the one snap that was really in the way lost that fight a long time ago. It put up a good fight though. There are some big scars in the carpet on the bunk from the snap that's no longer there. There's a chunk of carpet that's actually gone, and the wood underneith took a beating too. You guys with boats know what I'm talking about. Those that haven't gotten their boat yet, will know what I'm talking about soon.
Yes sir, it was me, pic is still in my gallery. It's actually a fernco, plumbing part, it has a hose clamp on each end, which obviously you just pull off and put screws through the inside of it to your bunk stop, with big washers so it doesn't pull through. I get some of my best ideas just walking aisle by aisle through the hardware store looking at random things. I like to do it when I don't need anything either, that way when I'm stuck doing a project ill remember something and think hey that would work!!

I bought the rub rail protectors which keeps the front bunks from ever touching the rural or snaps. I think it was a $50 dollar option and dealer installed but I put them instead. They forgot to put them on during our walk through, but I wasn't going to leave the boat after driving 4 hours to pick it up

Todd

I bought the rub rail protectors which keeps the front bunks from ever touching the rural or snaps. I think it was a $50 dollar option and dealer installed but I put them instead. They forgot to put them on during our walk through, but I wasn't going to leave the boat after driving 4 hours to pick it up

Todd
Hey Todd, did I ever ask you to see a pic of them while not on the trailer? Just wondering how they "blend"

Yes sir, it was me, pic is still in my gallery. It's actually a fernco, plumbing part, it has a hose clamp on each end, which obviously you just pull off and put screws through the inside of it to your bunk stop, with big washers so it doesn't pull through. I get some of my best ideas just walking aisle by aisle through the hardware store looking at random things. I like to do it when I don't need anything either, that way when I'm stuck doing a project ill remember something and think hey that would work!!
Hey, that's about exactly how my trailer looks! And probably a dozen more on here...

I couldn't remember fernco. All that came to mind was a radiator hose (I just changed radiators in my wife's van a little while back, that's probably why that popped into my mind).

Bulldog

I owe you a picture ot two. My boat is being torn down to the deck for some warranty work. 4-8 weeks before I get her back, but there are some pics of me holding the rub rail bumpers up by hand in my gallery. I'll get you some pics when I finally get her back from the dealer. Right now, July 1 seems my best date for dropping her back in the water. The rub rail guards match well. 2 c channel guards match well.

Let me know of you see them or I can pm them to you personally

Todd

I remember you showing me pics of them before, just don't think I ever saw a pic of it just floating with them on. Although if my memory serves me correctly I think you couldn't get them if you ordered the stainless steel rub rail (?) not sure why, and I think I ordered my new one with the stainless, not positive. I don't know that I even need the stainless, i didn't mind the heavy duty on my "old" one. Oh well, I'll wait till you get yours floating again and see how they look. They are added after. Thanks Todd!

Back