Help! All keys stolen!

David M

Reaction score
Need some direction. My truck was broken into and keys to my Benny were stolen among other items. 2001 Benny 2575fs with an Evenrude 225 2 stroke ficht motor. Closest dealer no help. Are new keys available? How would I know which one? Do I have to change out ignition for this? Is a serial # for key in paperwork?

I would change the Ignition . If you just have new keys made ,some one still has a key that works .Or if you have a locksmith in your area ,perhaps he can re-key it

Last edited:
On older boats just under where you put the key into the ignition you will find some numbers. Give those to your dealer and they can make you a key. If not new ignition switch aren't expensive.

Need some direction. My truck was broken into and keys to my Benny were stolen among other items. 2001 Benny 2575fs with an Evenrude 225 2 stroke ficht motor. Closest dealer no help. Are new keys available? How would I know which one? Do I have to change out ignition for this? Is a serial # for key in paperwork?
Boats do not have unique keys like cars do. If you have the key number you can buy the keys on line much cheaper than at a dealer. I bought extra keys for my 2017 Bennington with no problems.

I don't have any keys now. Is it in any of the paperwork? Do I just have to change out the ignition?

My old boat had a early 2000's Honda. Went to my local Honda parts supplier and asked the lady if she could sell me a new key. Before I could show her my original so she could get the number off of it, she was already on her way to the store room. Told me over her shoulder she didn't need to see it. All the Honda's (maybe for that year?) used the SAME key!

Back