Help on Cover for boat

oneburr

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum - have owned the 2009 2275 RLi since 2013 and like the boat - problem is we had to replace the mooring cover last winter because of rodent damage while storing. The dealer put on a new cover, and our marina moved our slip which we like better, but the dock is on the opposite of what we had and we are having a hard time covering the boat (the new cover is tight and the new dock space) - we are now paying the marina $20.00 each time we go out to cover the boat for us.
I've looked through the forum for help (found a lot of great ideas) but could not find what I'm looking for - is there an easier way to cover the boat? Hooks instead of snaps?
Any help would be welcome

What part of it is giving you the problem? If it's having to pull/stretch for each snap then lower your poles by a large amount. Then snap it on, crawl under the cover and extend the poles until they firm but not super tight. I suppose if you need to stretch it you can make them super tight to stretch the cover but try it the other way first and see if that fixes it.

I’m guessing your dock is on Starboard side? If so, cover front to rear, then install poles and exit out stern door.
Watch my video on how we cover/uncover (ours has clips), now bear in mind we have the extended aft deck ... big reason we traded our RLi

I’m guessing your dock is on Starboard side? If so, cover front to rear, then install poles and exit out stern door.
Watch my video on how we cover/uncover (ours has clips), now bear in mind we have the extended aft deck ... big reason we traded our RLi
okay thanks - yes - starboard side (or for us landlubbers the drivers side) we also have access to land at the front (bow)
since I am new here, how to I find your video?

2 more questions:
1. How can we get clips on our cover?
2. Where can I find a new drivers captains seat that can be raised and lowered?

2 more questions:
1. How can we get clips on our cover?
2. Where can I find a new drivers captains seat that can be raised and lowered?

1. Check with your dealer to see if they can order clips, should be able to cause they can break. You must make sure your rails have a channel underneath them where the clips lock in.

2. I’m not sure an adjustable was available that year, but your dealer can check, or may have a recommendation.
You may have to do something custom.

Back