HELP with cleaning seats

tbolivar

Reaction score
Hello fellow Bennington owners out there.  I could you use your help with a problem I'm having with the vinyl seats on my boat.  I have a 2008 Bennington pontoon and the boat is docked on a fresh water pond in Rhode Island.  Earlier in the year I got lazy and made the mistake of not covering the seats with the protective playpen covering.  I left it uncovered for 3 to 4 weeks.  I started to notice some grime spots on the vinyl seats and also some discoloration on the tops of the seating.  At first I thought the issue was just dirt and a good cleaning would take care of the issue.  Then I noticed a orange or yellowing of the surface and thought it may be due to the sun's ultra-violet rays.  I tried cleaning it with a few recommended vinyl cleaners (Aerospace 303) to no avail.  A friend recommended a degreaser.  I tried it on a small spot and that took out the orange color.  I finished cleaning about half of the seating and covered it up to be finished the next morning.  When I took the playpen cover off, the orange color was back, almost to the point of being worse than before.  Needless to say, I was disappointed.  After leaving the cover off for a hour or so, the disclorization tended to fade away or at least not be so obvious.  I have not cleaned the remainder of the seats as of yet because I think the issue may be mold related but I'm not sure.   I tried to attach a few pictures for your viewing pleasure but for some reason was unable to do so because apparently the file was to big.  I haven't figured out how to change the file size as of yet but If anyone out there has a remedy to help me minimize this problem I sure would appreciate your help.  Thanks for your consideration.  

Regards,

Tom 

tboliver, I think the pictures would help some of our gurus in assisting you.  To change the file size of the picture Google "Microsoft & Picture resizer"  select the windows operating system and either download or simply follow the directions. 

Back