Help with factory Kicker Stereo

mbhenry1955

Reaction score
We just put our new "Baby" in the water today for the 1st time!

I was trying to get the Kicker Media Center up and running I could not get the "Bluetooth" to link up.

I have a iphone6 and it would not find the Kicker while in "discovery" mode.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Mike

This is a shot in the dark but, is the Bluetooth turned on? I know in our car I had to turn it on for the phone to pair.

Yes, it was turned on "according to the manual"

The BT Mode was blinking and it had the BT emblem showing on the stereo screen.

Just had the same issue today while checking out my upgraded stereo system.  I have a IPhone 6 and the rep while pairing turned the phone off and back on immediately. This solved the problem. He also said the I phone 6 is notorious for this particular problem. Hope this helps!

Big Bernie

I have the KMC10 and had no issues pairing my 6+.  I agree with the turning the Bluetooth on and off usually works if you are having trouble.

I'll try turning the phone on and off next time we get on the water.

Thanks

I had better luck on my sisters boat using the AUX mode not the BT mode.  As long as the bluetooth symbol is blinking.....

Update,  The factory tech rep just told me to try a hard reboot of my phone while trying to pair the 2. (As Big Bernie suggested)!

He also said that it is a new system and that he has no other idea!

Thanks

Latest update...

I did the hard reboot and everything linked.

Now the Bluetooth work great.

Thanks

I have a 2015 Bennington Q 2552 with the Clarion Stereo. From day 1 I couldn't get my iphone to pair with the clarion. Sometimes it would pair for a second and then nothing.. I recently attended a boat show and was on a Harris Pontoon Boat. Just for argument sake I said can I try to pair my phone with your system. Bingo, discovered the stereo right away in about 2 seconds. Needless to say I am very displeased with the Clarion. I understand from my dealer that Bennington is going to sway it for the Kicker Stereo. WIll keep everyone posted because I can go all summer again with sometimes working and most time not. Any have the same issue with the Clarion stereo

Last edited by a moderator:
Have your dealer replace it. It's warranty.

Back