Here it is!

Thats one HEAVY Outboard! Love my 350 Verado

I spoke to Bennington about the 425. They told me it's only been tested on the 10' wide beam so far and on the 8.5 beam this fall. It is a really heavy motor, really don't want a boat popping a wheelie.
If Bennington works out the weight issue, it sure would be cool to see a 425 XTO Offshore on a pontoon boat. :D

On the plus side, I sent Bennington an email about this motor and the district manager responded with a detailed email of the progress and weight issue. There are not a lot of companies that take the time to respond to a customers question with an honest and detailed reply.

Good job Bennington!

Put one on the front and one on the rear. Problem solved, that is until someone hacks the controls and makes a pontoon spin in a circle like this little spinning firework you see on July 4th.

I was told that motor will only be available on the QX series. They’ve added an extra 750lbs to the bow of the boat to accommodate the additional weight. That motor weighs over 1000lbs. No thank you. I’ll stick with my 662lb Verado 350

Nice but we have decided to wait until Elon Musk's motor comes available

At least you'll have plenty of water to put the fire out.

Better yet, a pair of Merc V8 300R's, weigh about the same. And, you can get a joystick setup to spin it in circles.

I’m sure glad we are more than happy with our 150. It does all we require and is not bad on fuel. To me much over 30 mph is just not comfortable. However I understand the “need for speed” when outrunning a storm.

I’m sure glad we are more than happy with our 150. It does all we require and is not bad on fuel. To me much over 30 mph is just not comfortable. However I understand the “need for speed” when outrunning a storm.

This definitely. Also, if you get going too fast too often, you might end up with your own "Windshield Fiasco" like I had. Trust me, you DON'T want that to happen!

This definitely. Also, if you get going too fast too often, you might end up with your own "Windshield Fiasco" like I had. Trust me, you DON'T want that to happen!
I took note of your fiasco, given that what I really miss most about my old bowrider was the windshield.

Back