Hit AGAIN!

Jack M

Reaction score
Yesterday my wife and I went to the sand bar to have lunch . On the way I noticed a vibration in the steering wheel at about 8 mph and a shimmy in the motor .

When I got to the  sand bar I raised the motor and find out it had been hit .

We went back to the marina and called the police . While we were waiting for them to arrive . I realized that this had to have been hit by a large boat .So I began to look at the other boats at the marina .

Two slips down there is a 26 ft Searay with black paint on the starboard side . When  the police arrived ,I pointed this out while filling out the report ,they then inspected the Searay and agreed that the paint is about the same height as my damage ,and they also found wood on a screw of his rub rail that is consistent with my mooring post .They are going to question the owner .

I have my dealer coming out Monday to access the damage .

I will update as I get new information .

Last edited by a moderator:
Always something right?!? Hope he pays for your damage if it's found he's responsible.

What do you think is causing the vibration?!? Was something knocked of alignment? Was the prop also hit?!?

So far we found no damage to the prop. I went to see my dealer this morning ,he said it is possible that something was knocked out of alignment and my power steering could be damaged .

His head shop man is coming out Monday .

Sorry to hear this. Can't believe it happened twice. What lousy luck!

Wow, that sucks.  It is bad enough when you do damage to your own boat, but when someone else does it, it is hard to swallow.  Mistakes happen, he should have found out who owned that boat (You) and got in touch with you right away.  Many times when they don't, is because they were drinking and scared.

Quite possible there was drinking involved and

A. Didn't notice it (hard to believe) or

B. Knew they did it but didn't want to chance a BUI.

C. Just didn't give a sh** that they did it.

Any scenario sucks and I hope they find the culprit and they pay for the damages......

So Sorry to hear Jack!  Accidents happen but if some A-hole doesn't step up and take responsibility that sucks.  Hope things work out pal

WTF! Wouldn't that be a hit and run? Leaving the scene of an accident? I'd drill some holes in the Sea Ray! Good eye looking for the cause. Of course that owner will deny it. And in my opinion, have the marina leave their massive decal off the cowling when you get a new one.

According to the responding officers ,Yes it is hit & run and Yes it is leaving the scene , and Yes I will press charges . 

Bad thing is that the owners of the marina ( who agreed it had been hit ) are saying "well maybe he didn't know " Baloney ! 

In 2013 my first season . My Doctor who also has a slip at the same marina had his boat hit and almost took off his entire swim platform .The marina was kissing his A** and paid for everything .

Now twice in 12 months for me and they say "Oh well " .

Hopefully I will be in a new slip ,new marina by the 4th of July ( details to follow ) .

Andy, the decal is where I bough it ,not where I keep it .When I bought the R they were trying to sell me a POS cyprus cay ,they are mad because I got a 2nd Bennington . 

Lot more Id like to say ,but it would most likely get me kicked out of our forum .

Hey Jack.......it'll be fixed........the offender will be caught and will answer to the charges and to the damage.......you'll be in a new marina soon and.........you'll look back on this and laugh one day........Hopefully.

It's frustrating because of the arrogance of the current marina owners .

Jack, if it wasn't for bad luck................................. :p

That's it Jack, come to the Adirondacks. 

We are working on a "short" term plan until we can do something else .I should know more by the end of the week .

That's it Jack, come to the Adirondacks. 

Jack, if you had a 250 back there it would have bounced right off... ;) . Sucks that it happened though. So far you've done everything I would have done. Other than get some goo be gone a peel off the god awful advertisement. ;)

Oh no Jack, sorry to hear this!!

Sorry to hear this Jack.  I know what you are going through, unfortunately.

Just wanted you to know (in case you weren't aware) that the cowling on my old 115 was $1200 or something ridiculous to replace.  Just wanted to make sure you knew that before you made any final decisions.  Don't "walk away" from the cowling damage.  No clue what the 150 cowling costs, but just know they are expensive.  If you don't replace it now, you'll take the hit when you sell/trade.  I know that's the least of your worries, but like I said, just wanted to be sure you knew how much they cost so you can factor that in.

Good advice kaydano

Sorry to hear this Jack.  I know what you are going through, unfortunately.

Just wanted you to know (in case you weren't aware) that the cowling on my old 115 was $1200 or something ridiculous to replace.  Just wanted to make sure you knew that before you made any final decisions.  Don't "walk away" from the cowling damage.  No clue what the 150 cowling costs, but just know they are expensive.  If you don't replace it now, you'll take the hit when you sell/trade.  I know that's the least of your worries, but like I said, just wanted to be sure you knew how much they cost so you can factor that in.
I remembered a previous post about replacing a cowling .I am thinking about $1500.00 ,for it . Plus what ever is causing the vibration  .Insurance was good last year when they replaced the port side pontoon. Feel like an a** having to call them 2 years in a row because of some moron (****** ******)  .

So, the moral of the story is:

1. In a lightning storm, Stay away from Jack;

2. While at the card tables in Vegas, Stay away from Jack;

3. When the bullets start flying, Stay away from Jack.

The only exception is for my good friend Jack Daniels. :p

Sorry for the aggravation and I hope it works out. At this rate, it sounds like you have my type of "luck."

Cheers, Steve

Back