Hit AGAIN!

Thanks, Mark  the season is too short to let it bother me .I will  use it as a lesson learned. If ( or when )  I see another boat in the slip ,I will take a pic and start the proceedings .

What ever happens ,happens . I have nothing to do in the fall anyway .

However I do need some help mounting a 12 ft 2 X 10 on my new slip  :p

So did this clown finally admit to hitting your boat?

Can you put a lift in the new place? Sounds like a really nice move, by the way :)

And if the damage ends up exceeding $2,000, can it be escalated then? Nice thinking on the lift Tom!!

No ,nothing has been admitted .

I had thought about a lift ,but I think ( not sure ) the water is too deep .

I have no clue what the maximum depth is for a lift .

I dont have a good pic of my slip .I had my choice of about 30 .I choose one with no one behind me at all and a starboard side finger .

My wife is thrilled to be there and I have to say I like it too.

Met some of  the other owners yesterday ,the ones we have met all are very nice .A lot different than what we had been used to  .

According to the police report ,if the damage exceed's $2000 .Then a report must be filled out with the DNR  of Michigan .

Last edited by a moderator:

My wife is thrilled to be there and I have to say I like it too.

Met some of  the other owners yesterday ,the ones we have met all are very nice .A lot different than what we had been used to  .
Fantastic news. Some bad things do actually work out for the better  :)

Their are deep water kits for most lifts and floating ones are available too, common at places like LOTO and reservoirs in the south. If water level changes, then floating lifts work well or a vertical type lift on extensions.

My wife is actually surprised how calm I am about the old marina .
I never expected to get anything back from them .

I would have let it go ,"IF" they hadn't laughed at the 2nd hit . Last year was just as bad they didn't even care or respond .

I never knew they floating lifts .

Looks like I have some more questions to ask now .

Thanks .

I used a fiber steel lift. Worked pretty well. Shallow water I think was around 5 ft deep water, not an issue. Yes, our lake fluctuates dramatically at times. Normal pool is 683 asl going emergency spillway is around 717. My slip depth this season has been 5 ft to 20 ft. I think at 5 ft it was pushing onto the muck.

Just stopped at a restaurant  on the water .Watched one Bennington owner run head first in the side of a Cobalt ,and a second head on into the seawall. .

Just stopped at a restaurant  on the water .Watched one Bennington owner run head first in the side of a Cobalt ,and a second head on into the seawall. .
Alcohol no doubt?

Alcohol no doubt?
Not a doubt in my mind . I watch the one chug his Miller Lite after his kids tied off .

We had though about taking our boat there . I am so glad I didn't . The Cobalt was docked right where I would have been .

Had I took the hit ,I would not be typing this right now .

Not a doubt in my mind . I watch the one chug his Miller Lite after his kids tied off .

We had though about taking our boat there . I am so glad I didn't . The Cobalt was docked right where I would have been .

Had I took the hit ,I would not be typing this right now .
You chose wisely  B)

Did they leave a note?

He didn't have to ,the owner of the Cobalt saw it .

Went to the same establishment on the river today where we saw the 2 hits last week .

Today FOUR hits . One boat twice .

First one was an obvious overindulgence issue ,other three appeared to be not knowing  how to control their boat in a river current .

Looks like I am going to have to keep the GoPro with me .

Went to the same establishment on the river today where we saw the 2 hits last week .

Today FOUR hits . One boat twice .

First one was an obvious overindulgence issue ,other three appeared to be not knowing how to control their boat in a river current .

Looks like I am going to have to keep the GoPro with me .
I'd watch that video.

That dining spot seems to really attract some knobs. Is it that tight of an area or are there just some zero's up your way with boat keys.

And take the gopro for sure!!! I'm getting the popcorn going as I type this.

Moral of the story: Don't go to the establishments that Jack frequents. Well, maybe if you drive your car there and then take your folding chair and picnic basket to observe the festivities. :D

Cheers, Steve

Just read through this and it wore my emotions out. Sorry that you had to go through this, Jack. Life is short so I'm glad you decided not to let it get you too down. Glad thing are better now. And just as I have cameras around my house, including the area where my boat is, I'd have some kind of cam at the marina. Best to you, friend.

Back