hole in floor

EJM

Reaction score
purhased my second new bennington / 2575 rl / the gas tank has cutout where ski pylon would fit / i have no ski pylon but hole has been cut into floorboard probably 3-4 inch diameter was told this was how they do it today ? / you can drop something in changing room it can go straight into water / my 08 2275rli had no hole ? / love the boat / my camper canvas,seat trim ,etc all great bennington quality / any other 2575rls out there with hole in floor / ithink it was mistake that needs to be fixed / my plastic grocery bag with towel inside isnt going to last forever filling hole / any comments

That's how my 09 2075GLi was, you could just buy a ski pylon to put in there. Or put a funnel in it with a seat for his and her # 1's, NOT # 2's!!! That just ain't right!! Haha just kidding, kinda,

Derrick

I can understand assembly line type construction, but leaving a 3" hole open in the changing room, or any portion of the boat that would get foot traffic does not meet the fit and finish that I have come to expect from Bennington. I'm thinking a deck plate or cap should be provided at the very least.

I can understand assembly line type construction, but leaving a 3" hole open in the changing room, or any portion of the boat that would get foot traffic does not meet the fit and finish that I have come to expect from Bennington. I'm thinking a deck plate or cap should be provided at the very least.
If it is like my old one was, it is completely out of the way of foot traffic. Once again, assuming it was like my 09 2075GLi. The fuel tank actually goes around the ski pylon mount, they remove the cup holders that was in the rear sundeck, which is at the very back of changeroom compartment.

Derrick

EJM, we need more info...please send us a PM with selling dealer, boat serial # and your contact info. We do not leave open holes in the floor. Perhaps the boat was stocked with a ski pylon and it was removed prior to your purchase...

Or put a funnel in it with a seat for his and her # 1's, NOT # 2's!!! That just ain't right!! Haha just kidding, kinda,

Derrick
Hey, I want a hole in my deck too! I wouldn't have had to make that custom toilet had I just cut a hole in the floor!

Kidding.

Haha, totally off topic, well, the original topic anyways, but I guy I know owns a trucking company. They do a lot of long distance hauling, so he hired these 3 guys, we'll just call them foreigners, he gave them a literally almost new truck with a bunk because all 3 had class 1 and they wanted to make money bad, so they wanted to have 2 sleeping while the other was driving. Well these guys NEVER left the truck! They stopped for fuel. Notice I didn't say "and bathroom breaks", you guessed it, they actually cut a hole in the floor so they could #1 & #2 without having to stop! They were on the road for almost 2 months picking up loads all over the place. When they finally came back, the guy saw the truck and was sick, literally. It was the most disgusting thing he'd seen or smelt. He scrapped the truck.

Derrick

EJM, we need more info...please send us a PM with selling dealer, boat serial # and your contact info. We do not leave open holes in the floor. Perhaps the boat was stocked with a ski pylon and it was removed prior to your purchase...
i ordered boat no ski pylon / dealer took shelf on gas tank and made it flush with no entry to cut out with hole at bottom / i have had great service from my dealer hennepen marine on both boats i have had / again love the boat seems quality from 08 has slipped a bit

Edited by amr7333 to remove VIN # and email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did your dealer say when you called them?
they redid the trim board on top of gas tank as to not have cutout for the opening / did nice job but still have hole where ski pylon hole is / my dealer has given me exceptional service / ive had a few issues they have came and picked up boat always welcome to questions on phone etc / i think they were baffled on this also

TB,

I will have to check what model it is on my dealer lot, but I have seen the hole in the changing room floor also. It's at the back panel, but inside the changing room. It's about 3-4" diameter. I joked to my wife about the #1 potty idea, so I know it's there. I will have to stop n get some pics.

Smitty

Back