Horsepower, the never ending (couples) debate

Calling my dealer tomorrow. Asking if a can custom order a seven marine on a 2016 2874qcw sport tower!!!

If so going to step up the game on my lake every year it's a leap frog on who ups the game this year it's twin 300's on harris's and premiers and big blocks on southbays most running mid 60's to 70mph!!! But I think going to a seven marine will be a advantage and a game changer!!! Made the upper 70's low 80's
Hell Ya!

Calling my dealer tomorrow. Asking if a can custom order a seven marine on a 2016 2874qcw sport tower!!!

If so going to step up the game on my lake every year it's a leap frog on who ups the game this year it's twin 300's on harris's and premiers and big blocks on southbays most running mid 60's to 70mph!!! But I think going to a seven marine will be a advantage and a game changer!!! Made the upper 70's low 80's
Wish I lived on your lake, the used boat market must be pretty classy :D

I am aware of the seven marine motors, including their just released 627. I have never seen one in person or in my area. From my understanding, they are purpose built for offshore center consoles and related applications geared towards salt water. They seem to be one wicked, but heavy engine. The premiers that I am familiar with running duel 300's are the 290 boat. They top out around 49-53mph. Playcraft has some great go fast options, but I was concerned about dealer support in my area, so I didn't consider them. Looking forward to what you build.

Cheers, Steve

Signed the papers and the boat is ours! 150hp (as suggested) plus the Garmin DV and we're working on a grill as well. Hope to be in the water first week of May if the ice ever melts, possibly sooner. 

Now the wife is busy buying things for the boat and I need to get my safe boaters course. Then we take delivery, a couple hour lesson on the new boat and we're ready for Summer!

Congratulations Island Nomad, it's going to be  a great sumer 

Signed the papers and the boat is ours! 150hp (as suggested) plus the Garmin DV and we're working on a grill as well. Hope to be in the water first week of May if the ice ever melts, possibly sooner. 

Now the wife is busy buying things for the boat and I need to get my safe boaters course. Then we take delivery, a couple hour lesson on the new boat and we're ready for Summer!
"You Have Chosen Wisely"

THEY WEIGHT ABOUT 300LBS MORE THAN A YAMAHA F350 BUT 200 MORE HP.  WHAT IM COMING ACROSS IS FUEL BURN RATE AND TANK SIZE NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE MOTOR PLUS THE OVERALL COST OF THE ENGINE THEY ARE TELLING ME AT 80,000 PLUS RIGGING!!!! CRAZY!!! CHEAPER TO GO TWIN F350 YAMAHA'S

THEY WEIGHT ABOUT 300LBS MORE THAN A YAMAHA F350 BUT 200 MORE HP.  WHAT IM COMING ACROSS IS FUEL BURN RATE AND TANK SIZE NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE MOTOR PLUS THE OVERALL COST OF THE ENGINE THEY ARE TELLING ME AT 80,000 PLUS RIGGING!!!! CRAZY!!! CHEAPER TO GO TWIN F350 YAMAHA'S
If that were the case, I would go with the new Merc Verado 400R's, lighter and faster. Or even Verado 350's. 763 lbs vs 668 lbs dry weight each.

THEY WEIGHT ABOUT 300LBS MORE THAN A YAMAHA F350 BUT 200 MORE HP. WHAT IM COMING ACROSS IS FUEL BURN RATE AND TANK SIZE NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE MOTOR PLUS THE OVERALL COST OF THE ENGINE THEY ARE TELLING ME AT 80,000 PLUS RIGGING!!!! CRAZY!!! CHEAPER TO GO TWIN F350 YAMAHA'S
Wow!

Nope. I will be in Havasu next week and drop by my dealer. He was supposed to have contacted Bennington. We shall see.

When I mentioned it to the wife yesterday, she said, "When are you going to grow up?" My response, "Never."

Cheers, Steve
Any news?

No news. My plate is full with other things that take priority. I will admit this is at the bottom of my list at the moment. Dealing with contractors and doctors due to my mothers health issues, not to mention running my practice etc. As soon as things get handled, I hope to give the toon a bit of attention.

Cheers, Steve

Freddy, sorry if I missed it but have you received your boat yet?  If not I would think it is not too late to change the 115 to a 150.  It is the dealer who rigs the boat

Freddy, sorry if I missed it but have you received your boat yet?  If not I would think it is not too late to change the 115 to a 150.  It is the dealer who rigs the boat
Yeah, I have 5 hours on it now.

Then you are in the same boat as me

Then you are in the same boat as me
I am going to try a few things and see how it changes the ride and speed. I am not so concerned about the speed but the ride is sluggish and jerky. Hopefully skinning it will improve that significantly and maybe i'll save up and invest in the strakes, although I am very concerned about having someone weld on the tubes.

Back