Hour meter options

dmctruby

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2250 which I purchased as new/leftover this year. I love the boat, but was very surprised to see the there is no hour meter gauge. Team Bennington any reason why you would not make that a standard gauge ? I have a Merc 115 4 stroke, and for many reasons (including service cycles) would like to know how many hours the engine has. My options are to add a gauge, or replace a single function gauge with one that includes a hour meter. I think my rpm gauge is a single function type. I know other models of bennington's have those duel function gauges. That seems to me to be the easier route, pull out the tach gauge and put in a new rpm gauge that also has and hour meter window.

My Faria brand speedo has an hour meter built in. It is a very small display located at the bottom of the gauge.

Thanks, there is no speedo on my "luxury" boat either. Very odd & lacking cluster package for such a nice boat. If i decide to drill a hole and add a gauge the speedo with the hr meter would be my first choice.

My Faria brand speedo has an hour meter built in. It is a very small display located at the bottom of the gauge.

Thanks, there is no speedo on my "luxury" boat either. Very odd & lacking cluster package for such a nice boat. If i decide to drill a hole and add a gauge the speedo with the hr meter would be my first choice.
Hour meter is at the bottom of the tachometer. (standard for all series)

Speedometer was standard in the R and Q series in 2010.

Thanks, TB

Last edited:
My boat is shrink wrapped right now, but I swear I have no hour meter. It's a June 2010 made boat. Model 2250GCW serial ETW 68310F010. Your response would imply I should have a tach with hour meter. Any way you can check my boat build info ? I am not sure I have a pic handy, will look. I don't want to cut the shrink wrap open to look....but I have been looking at the tach gauge all summer and I am quite sure there is no hour meter window.

Hour meter is at the bottom of the tachometer. (standard for all series)

Speedometer was standard in the R and Q series in 2010.

Thanks, TB

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been down this road here before as well. My august 2010 built 2011 2250 GCW has no hour meter in the tach either. My 2007 2275 gl had a better gauge package than my 2011 boat.

From following Benningtons trends I have noticed that any models ending with a 50 have less standard offerings than models ending with 75, thats just my observation. Had I waited just one or two months I would have had the previous years R series dash cluster and helm. Live and Learn I guess.

Thanks for the response. So at least two of us do not have the meter that is suppose to standard on all models. I think the sales catalog even mentioned the hour meter as standard. Mr Team Bennington, any chance you can hook us up with a replacement tach (arrange a swap) for a tach that includes an hour meter ?

I have been down this road here before as well. My august 2010 built 2011 2250 GCW has no hour meter in the tach either. My 2007 2275 gl had a better gauge package than my 2011 boat.

From following Benningtons trends I have noticed that any models ending with a 50 have less standard offerings than models ending with 75, thats just my observation. Had I waited just one or two months I would have had the previous years R series dash cluster and helm. Live and Learn I guess.

Team "B" any help with my question of the "standard" hour meter that is not on my boat. Can I get a swap of my tach for one that has an hour meter built in ?

Team "B" any help with my question of the "standard" hour meter that is not on my boat. Can I get a swap of my tach for one that has an hour meter built in ?
We apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately, model year change over is not an exact science. We often change boat MY serial #'s a month or two before all new vendor items are available. These "early boats" are purchased by dealers who need inventory during the transition between model years; and dealers understand that not all changes are in play. Typically, new model year feature enhancements take effect in August or September, depending on the model year. Often, the model year serial numbers roll over before all changes are announced or priced into the rig. If you PM Team Bennington with your serial #, we can see how the boat was to be equipped at the time of production! Thanks, TB

Thank you , I sent you a message with the info

We apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately, model year change over is not an exact science. We often change boat MY serial #'s a month or two before all new vendor items are available. These "early boats" are purchased by dealers who need inventory during the transition between model years; and dealers understand that not all changes are in play. Typically, new model year feature enhancements take effect in August or September, depending on the model year. Often, the model year serial numbers roll over before all changes are announced or priced into the rig. If you PM Team Bennington with your serial #, we can see how the boat was to be equipped at the time of production! Thanks, TB

Back