How about adding a new Forum?

ArtJ

Reaction score
A new Forum for owners of boats no longer under warranty. So many answers presently are" It's under warranty" Could call it "OOW" for "Out Of Warranty"!

Do you mean a thread? The website is a group of “Forums”. Just start a thread under the Pontoon topic, but not really sure what you are wanting to accomplish. We answer many questions here for out of warranty issues, it’s just that probably 90% of the questions asked pertain to newer boats, and with a 10 year warranty, well, it’s the sensible answer.

Last edited:
Do you mean a thread? The website is a “Forum”. Just start a thread under the Pontoon topic, but not really sure what you are wanting to accomplish. We answer many questions here for out of warranty issues, it’s just that probably 90% of the questions asked pertain to newer boats, and with a 10 year warranty, well, it’s the sensible answer.
Sorry, I meant a "thread" and if your boat is still under warranty the Dealer is absolutely the right answer. Thank you for the answers you presently provide as much appreciated. Guess I didn't realize that such a small number of the members on this site had older boats.

Sorry, I meant a "thread" and if your boat is still under warranty the Dealer is absolutely the right answer. Thank you for the answers you presently provide as much appreciated. Guess I didn't realize that such a small number of the members on this site had older boats.

The new owner count is low considering Bennington sells well over 10,000 boats a year, probably well over 12,000 this year. Right now we have 13,008 members, and that’s since 2011.

not ever one has a newer boat still under warranty, plus older boats never has a 10 year warranty on them, Bennington only started the 10 year warranty only a few years ago I Think,

Based on your numbers it would suggest approx'ly 1,300 (10%) members own boats older than 10 years. Of that group it would be interesting to know how many do their own repairs and would benefit by sharing hints, tips , sources, etc. On that same vain, if not already doing so, Bennington should make their service manuals available to boat owners (at a reasonable cost) for years no longer covered under the 10 year warranty.

not ever one has a newer boat still under warranty, plus older boats never has a 10 year warranty on them, Bennington only started the 10 year warranty only a few years ago I Think,
You're right, I think my 2011 was 5 years, then I think it was raised to 7 then 10 years. Availability of service data could be based when warranty period expires for that particular model year.

Of that group it would be interesting to know how many do their own repairs and would benefit by sharing hints, tips , sources, etc. On that same vain, if not already doing so, Bennington should make their service manuals available to boat owners (at a reasonable cost) for years no longer covered under the 10 year warranty.

Much of this info is probably already on here. It’s just going to take lots of reading and searching.

As to the second item, Bennington is strictly manufactur to dealer based. You may not like it, but that’s the case. Their dealers are the go to people. These aren’t like cars. I don’t know what you would actually do on these with a “service“ manual other than motor work and those aren’t Bennington items. Those you can find on line though.

I get what Artj is saying. But even if your boat is still under warranty, telling someone "it's under warranty, see your dealer" can be frustrating to the DIY boat owner.

If fixing something myself gets me back on the water tomorrow, vs going to the dealer where you have to get in line and wait at least a couple weeks, or worst case it ends the boating season for me, I'm sure as hell going to do my best to fix it myself even if it's under warranty. I may need some help and advice from forum members though...

Warranty work is usually the no-dollar cost route, but there's usually a high time cost associated with it. So, I totally get why people ask questions even though their boat is under warranty. I also get why people ask questions if their boat is NOT under warranty. That's obvious. Point is, we're all in the same boat! No need for a special thread, just post it.

I get what Artj is saying. But even if your boat is still under warranty, telling someone "it's under warranty, see your dealer" can be frustrating to the DIY boat owner.

If fixing something myself gets me back on the water tomorrow, vs going to the dealer where you have to get in line and wait at least a couple weeks, or worst case it ends the boating season for me, I'm sure as hell going to do my best to fix it myself even if it's under warranty. I may need some help and advice from forum members though...

Warranty work is usually the no-dollar cost route, but there's usually a high time cost associated with it. So, I totally get why people ask questions even though their boat is under warranty. I also get why people ask questions if their boat is NOT under warranty. That's obvious. Point is, we're all in the same boat! No need for a special thread, just post it.
"All in the same boat". You're killin me Kay!

Back