How do I turn of the refrigerator on our new Benny?

Manitowish1

Reaction score
We went and looked at our new Benny & trailer today, and had the opportunity to try it out at the dealers marina. It is an awesome boat, with a smooth ride. Here is my question and maybe TB can provide an answer. The dealer told me that once the refrigerator is started the only way to turn it off is to disconnect it from the battery. This seems unbelievable to me, there has got to be a switch to turn the refrigerator off without disconnecting it from the 3rd battery.

Anyone with the fridge option have any guidance?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

No battery switch? I looked around for schematics, but could only find dual battery schematics that mention galley w/o fridge. It should be easy enough to install a single battery switch inline on the positive lead from the third battery.

One other thought, does the fridge have a thermostat inside? Perhaps it's as simple as setting the thermostat to zero or off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah check inside the unit. There should be a temperature control, which includes off.

I installed my own refrigerator and put in a switch on the DC side of the connection. I located this in the access area next to the unit. It is easier to turn it off there instead of inside.

Good Luck

Back