How do you store valuables?

royal4

Reaction score
Getting my boat soon (22ssrx) and after thinking about it, I don't remember a little glove box or anywhere to put your wallet, car keys etc...  What do you do?  I'm just trying to get some ideas.  I was thinking a waterproof pouch that attaches to the railing by the helm or I guess just a little container to put inside the helm. Ideas?

I do have a small glove box on my boat. It has specific items contained therein that always remain on the boat. As to "valuables," I have a small man bag/satchel that contains these items. It is stored under the helm. When I board it comes on with me and at the end of the cruise, it leaves with me.

Cheer, Steve

I put mine in the Bennington "bank bag" that came with the paper work etc. as part of the delivery package. 

If need be, i put it under the helm and lock the door, but that never really happens.

I have a small compartment under the steering wheel in the helm. It's one of the benefits of buying an R model (this helm is now on the G-series).

I don't mean to sound crass, but extra amenities come with higher line boats. S-series boats are less equipped for a reason.

Aftermarket?

The door under my helm is locking.  I have a plastic basket I keep my valuables in--like my RingFree Plus bottle.

I keep my papers in a zip lock bag in the basket.  I also keep a small vacuum cleaner in there.

We have a boat bag always ready to go. We just put our stuff in the zippered pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Locking-Holder--Storage-Oceans/dp/B00DSSWAX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432893734&sr=8-1&keywords=boat+glove+box

81Mn0SPqaaL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I keep my ammo in.     :ph34r:

Our first boat was a "G" and had a small glove box under the steering wheel. Our current boat, a "Q", doesn't have that but does has a locking door under the console. We did not use either of those. When we took possession of the G it came with a soft sided cooler that is about 18" X 18" X 18". It has become our boat bag containing all important paper work, and other items we deem important to have on the boat. It is easy to grab and take on the boat with us. When on the boat this is where car keys, phones, wallets, etc. go.

I have a small compartment under the steering wheel in the helm. It's one of the benefits of buying an R model (this helm is now on the G-series).

I don't mean to sound crass, but extra amenities come with higher line boats. S-series boats are less equipped for a reason.

Aftermarket?
For the price we 'S-Series' owners paid for the same fun on the water as other Benny owners, we can buy many small man bags!

I use the waterproof Yeti Sidekick as a portable tool box and hang it on the rail with Taylor Made Fender holders and lock it up in the helm console.
I also use an ammo box for small hand tools, phone/tablet cables etc.

80B20F6B-68C7-45EE-BC24-BADF42D5261F.jpeg

I use the waterproof Yeti Sidekick as a portable tool box and hang it on the rail with Taylor Made Fender holders and lock it up in the helm console.
I also use an ammo box for small hand tools, phone/tablet cables etc.

This is exactly what I would use if I could find it in stock somewhere!

Pretty cool! Can it be mounted or is it just a storage box you put under the helm or s seat?!?

Back