how long

bearcatt

Reaction score
recently ordered a 2275 fsi with 130 e tec evinrude and was told it would take 6 to8 weeks to get i was wondering if that was normal.

yup

Does anybody know what kind of performace I can expect from a 2275 FSI with 130 ETECH Evenrude,25inch pontoons with lifting strakes. I will be on the etreamely rough water of Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend,and Richland Chambers lakes. Ive never owned a Bennington boat,but Ive owned another brand of pontoon boat made in the early 90s. After looking at lots of other brands the Bennington really looked good and was wondering if it will perform as good as it looks? Cant hardly wait for it to get here. Any thoughts?

I would expect 29 -30 mph in smoother water. Hard to say in extremely rough water, I wouldn't want to run at top speed in a 22 ft. pontoon in extremely rough water. Benningtons and your etech are very well built and should handle the conditions if driven reasonably.

I would expect 29 -30 mph in smoother water. Hard to say in extremely rough water, I wouldn't want to run at top speed in a 22 ft. pontoon in extremely rough water. Benningtons and your etech are very well built and should handle the conditions if driven reasonably.

Thanks for your reply. Im not really worried about running at top speed in rough water,but was concerned about boat flexing. the beachcomber pontoon boat i had you could feel the boat flexing in rough water. i had no problems out of the beachcomber 21ft boat except for water coming over bow in extreme situations. i was hoping the 2275 fsi being 24.8ft long would stop that and keep water spray from coming inside boat.common runs are 5 to 15 miles long and being sprayed with water is not very pleasant.the other boat did not have the lifting strakes and i was wondering if they would stop that.dealers will say anything to sell boats,i thought i would ask actual owners of these boats if they experienced any of these conditions. thank you for your comments and replies.

You shouldn't have a problem with flexing, but I think you may get some spray. The front fence on the FSi is open at the top and the windshield is small.

Back