How long

mikfort51

Reaction score
For those getting their new toons now- when was your order placed?  We put our deposit down on Feb 18 and we are still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of it has to do with what the dealer has arranged with Bennington. If you're working with a high volume dealer you may have better luck at nailing down a build/delivery date. Your dealer should be able to help you with that.

Mine was ordered at the end of February and was delivered to the dealer on the last week of March. He indicated that he had control of that schedule due to the number of boats he orders. 

CZ

Mine was 8 weeks ,part of the problem was weather and part was my fault  for changing the order .

Also remember most of the time they ship in orders of 4 .

Ordered mine 1st week of November was at the dealer by 1st week of December.

Third week of November, and arrived at the dealer almost 9 weeks later, late in the third week of January

For us it was 5 1/2 weeks to the dealer from the day we ordered the boat. We are only a big hour fron the bennington plant that helps.

For those getting their new toons now- when was your order placed?  We put our deposit down on Feb 18 and we are still waiting.

We bought at Boat Show Jan 24th 

Boat is suppose to be in before May 1st 

Here's hoping by then temps will in the 70's  :)  

Crossing our fingers and hoping to make it by Memorial Day...we ordered ours March 26th...

But it is my understanding that typically Bennington won't set a dealer build slot until they have received 4 boat orders from the dealer, that way they build all four and then ship right away.  Then, I think depending on the region you're ordering from, your region gets a certain % of throughput on the line, based on previous sales. (not sure where I heard that part).  Given all that, a build date is set, components are ordered and delivered just in time for your boat to be built.

My dealer said that if he only has three boats, he'll commit to buying floor stock just to get the others to ship.  We'll see how that all pans out.

This is all stuff I've heard or read, so can't speak to the accuracy, but all seems like a reasonable way to run a business.

Hey Mikfort51,

We ordered ours on Jan 25th and the dealer got it on Monday last week. We'll take delivery tomorrow.

Good luck with yours,

Marc

Talked with Bennington mine is sitting in Elkhart Indiana under Shrink Wrap 

It is waiting for the dealers number 4 boat to be completed then all will be shipped

Will check on progress next week 

pghpa.jpg

The City I Choose To Call Home 

Getting there Pittsburgh

How long is the typical build time?  I have my build date, but have no idea how long it takes to

make one.

I had a build date also ,turns out it was done 3 days prior .

Welcome & Good Luck 

Ok... Manitou... I have to ask. What the name stand for? I'll start. I'm a huge Colorado Rockies fan and I was born in 1969.

That would be a cool thread idea Jared, what's behind the name...I thought your name had to do with a rocking bed and the number meant..

To bring this back on track our last boat was ordered mid October and was at the dealer the first week in December.

If I did not know any better I'd think you were wanting me to start a new thread.

Took me 8 weeks to get my boat from the date I gave them the down payment, to stay on topic.

Ok... Manitou... I have to ask. What the name stand for? I'll start. I'm a huge Colorado Rockies fan and I was born in 1969.
I live on Lake (Manitou), in Indiana.

Moved onto the lake in 20(10).

Therefore:  Manitou10

Awesome. I just had visions of you being a spy for another pontoon manufacture. ;) LOL

Back