How many trips?

On weekends if it's above 60 and at least partly sunny, we are out both days. Just started vacation today and it's raining .... go figure...  :angry:  but we will spend as much of the next 10 days on the lake as we can.  We pretty much sit 75% of the time but we will put 80-100 hours on the meter. Mini vacations almost every weekend April-October.  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
We pretty much sit 75% of the time but we will put 80-100 hours on the meter. 

When you say you are just sitting,  is the motor off, or are you battling the turbulent waters of a passing duck?

:D

Boats across the street from the house in our neighbors slip. (God bless her she just passed away) Just walk across take the cover off and go! At least 2 or 3 times a week depending on what's going on. It's like waterfront w/out the waterfront price........

Boats across the street from the house in our neighbors slip. (God bless her she just passed away) Just walk across take the cover off and go! At least 2 or 3 times a week depending on what's going on. It's like waterfront w/out the waterfront price........

So...will that change now that she has passed?

Everyday weather permitting .Our marina is about 12 miles from the house .

Next owner is going to want to put their boat in that slip. Maybe you could have just propped her up in the corner, like the country song "prop me up by the juke box". 

Last year was the first year of boating.   The wife and i took every Friday off throughout the summer to give us a 3 day boating weekend.  We need to do that in MI.  This year we just bought a lake house so I can see us on the water at least 5 times a week depending how much golfing i do.   

Last year was the first year of boating.   The wife and i took every Friday off throughout the summer to give us a 3 day boating weekend.  We need to do that in MI.  This year we just bought a lake house so I can see us on the water at least 5 times a week depending how much golfing i do.   

I haven't golfed in two years as typically if the weather is good enough to golf, it's good enough to boat! Congrats on the new lake house. Is it on the chain of lakes or another body of water?

Last year was the first year of boating.   The wife and i took every Friday off throughout the summer to give us a 3 day 

Oh yeah, forgot we do that too. Any Saturday I don't work, I scheduled Friday off. If I work Saturday I try to leave work  at 2 and try to scoot up for a couple hours. 

In case anyone needs  an excuse for an upcoming event ,just print and fill in the blanks . :p

Deer Hunters can change the date to December 1st 

/monthly_2017_05/large.18527940_1514759551896305_7067200445076702997_n.jpg.3bbf6b7dc6913da1bdef31cf3e22c97b.jpg

We took delivery on our boat sometime in june last year and put 80 hrs on it by the end of the summer. Granted we are the ohio river so we can run pretty far. We did 2-3 100+ mile trips and this year we plan to travel to louisville. They apparently have a decent public dock that you can moor you boat over night and hang in the city. From what I understand it is even patrolled  so we shall see. We also towed it up to indian lake just to check it out and stopped by grand lake of st. mary's which was a big mistake. Ended up putting a couple nicks in my prop there and couldn't even get in the water. Probably will never go back there. We also try to get out during the week when we can. We are lucky as the storage place we have is right where we launch from. Takes 30 minutes to get there but the ramp is probably 300 ft away from the storage area. 

The way it is this year though it may be july before we get out with all this rain. May possibly take it to brookville lake this weekend but not positive. Hate holiday weekend on lakes.

Sorry about Grand Lake St.Marys, its in bad shape because of it being too shallow and the algae.  Caesar Creek Lake is just n/e of Kings Island on 71, it is a nice place to spend the day.  Let me know if you head there sometime maybe we can come down.  Wouldn't mind tripping on the Ohio with you either, that would be cool.

Sorry about Grand Lake St.Marys, its in bad shape because of it being too shallow and the algae.  Caesar Creek Lake is just n/e of Kings Island on 71, it is a nice place to spend the day.  Let me know if you head there sometime maybe we can come down.  Wouldn't mind tripping on the Ohio with you either, that would be cool.

Anytime. We spend most of our time on the river. We went to caesers a couple years ago in our old boat. It was way to crowded for us. The river is fun and never gets to bad unless you go to cincy. We generally stay south of that and launch out of boones landing. We like to head south and go through the locks to the mcalpine pool. Cleaner shore lines and water for the most part. Pick a good weekend and come on down. I have a 90 on my boat so i will be a little slower than you only get to 28MPH. 

I guess Bk going to be buying a man house with a dock!

Next owner is going to want to put their boat in that slip. Maybe you could have just propped her up in the corner, like the country song "prop me up by the juke box". 

•  

I guess Bk going to be buying a man house with a dock!

We talked to her daughter, the executor of her estate. She said the siblings aren't going to make any rash decisions regarding her mothers 4 properties. 2 homes in Florida, 1 in South Carolina and the one across from us. Which includes a 4500 sq ft house, an RV garage, an adjacent 3/4 acre waterfront lot and 2 coveted boat slips. All worth about $1.5 million. They said they are leaning towards keeping this property in the family so they can use it as a summer get away since they live in NC. We hope they do. But we will come up with a back up plan.........

We kept our boat in a marina storage yard on the trailer for years. But we are now spoiled just walking across the street untying and taking off!

Maybe you can work out a deal to keep the yard cut, or something like that, for the boathouse privileges.   B)

Maybe you can work out a deal to keep the yard cut, or something like that, for the boathouse privileges.   B)

My neighbor uses her other slip and he cuts the vacant lot instead of paying her the $50. But we've had so much rain this spring he's been cutting it every 3 or 4 days. He said it's probably cheaper and less time consuming to just pay the money!

Back