How much fuel to fill 24 gallon tank ?

rob

Reaction score
We have a 24 sli with the express toon package and a labeled 24 gallon gas tank. Three weeks ago we ran it down to empty (didnt think we would make back to the marina). Filled it up at the gas dock and it took 27 gallons, now today it was just under half full and it took 23 gallons to fill ( filled up at different gas dock) anyone else have this situation ?

Hi Rob, marine fuel tanks have a rated capacity that is actually less than what it will physically hold, giving room for expansion when the fuel gets hot. Also, boat fuel gauges in general are not real accurate. I would say, keep track of guage readings and gallons needed to fill a few times and judge from that as to whether you have a gauge problem. If you see drastic differences from one fill to another, talk to your dealer, and let them staighten it out for you. Hope this helps!

My rig shows 59 gallon capacity on the fuel cell and the dealer claims they put a couple gallons in to prime the system and when I filled it the first time I stopped it at a bit over 60 gallons and it was still pumping, Would suspect I could have got another couple in it yet.

I also have a new 20SLI . After the first tank full I let it run down to 1/2 tank then re filled took aprox 18 gallons. Then this weekend again got close to 1/2 tank. Gased up again 17 Gallons. Due the math best guess vapors at 1/4 tank . I had never liked being towed in for no gas... So for now ball park no long cruses on 1/2 tank..or less.

Smooth water ...

bc

We have a 24 sli with the express toon package and a labeled 24 gallon gas tank. Three weeks ago we ran it down to empty (didnt think we would make back to the marina). Filled it up at the gas dock and it took 27 gallons, now today it was just under half full and it took 23 gallons to fill ( filled up at different gas dock) anyone else have this situation ?

i wonder if the pump where you fill up at is calbrated right... you never know anymore....take a 1 or 2 gal.gas can with you and do a bucket check ...run in a gallon and see what the pump says you have...would not be the first time the calibration got out of whack....SOMEHOW... :unsure:

Back