How much HP do I need?

Sorry to hear about the accident. Safety first so thanks for sharing. The 300 will be sweet!

Congrats!

Just be sure you have all the right stuff for the "Smart Tow". I have it on mine with GPS speed/paddle wheel control, but I had to add the MercMonitor for $1k to get it. Most pontoon dealers have no idea how all this works, so do your homework and don't just believe what they're saying unless they can demo it for you.

Good luck!

Sounds like a great boat congratulations. Want to see pics when you get it.

Wow 300 hp. In the 2.5 years since I have been on this forum [and only been boating 4 years] I cannot believe how the HP has moved from the 115 or 150 debate to the 200+ or more debate

Hello to all,

Bad news - my 2574 GL pontoon came in to my dealer last week but it wasn't configured the way we ordered!   It has the fuel tank in the change room instead of inside the center pontoon (ESP 52 gallon option).  That was really bad news and unacceptable for us because we plan to use the change room as a storage room for our water toys; specifically our Air Chairs (hydrofoils).  

They have offered to build us a custom 2574 GL as we ordered it in the first place.  We will sign off on the special drawings etc. tomorrow at the dealer so they can get the order expedited. 

Sadly, we have to wait another month for delivery.  Bummer! 

We are happy they will make it right without argument - they are still baffled as to how they got it wrong and how it slipped through the crack on their end?  

Captain Hook

Sorry to hear that Captain Hook but I agree that it is better to wait to get exactly what you want.

Also please explain and show picture of Air Chairs [hydrofoil] as I am intrigued by what I am envisioning 

Thanks for the link Rockie, I should have just goggled it myself.  Now that I see it I realize that is not for me :lol: .  If I can't have a beer on it then it is too dangerous for me

I think you could have a beer on it, just don't flip. Wear one of these.

Free-shipping-font-b-Beer-b-font-Can-Drinking-Booze-Helmet-font-b-Hard-b-font.jpg

C'mon Link..................first wake surfing and now the air chair! You can do it and not spill your beer!

My father in law bought his own Parasail and we used to take off from his property in Rhode Island and he used to pull us around the lake behind his Mastercraft. Then drop us in the water, pull up the parasail and do it over and over again until we were dead tired. I have to look for the old VHS tapes so I can convert them so I can post it on here............... 

What's this VHS you speak of??? LOL !!!!

Haha! At least I didn't mention Beta max or a Laser disc player..........

8mm

Film.

Came out in the 1920s or so.

Haha! At least I didn't mention Beta max or a Laser disc player..........
Pretty wild how one technology died, and was replaced with basically same thing just smaller version

Laser Disc = DVD

Back