How to attach a SeaDoo

rwgagnon

Reaction score
Hi,

First year with a pontoon boat and am loving our new 2275RLCi - very nice to hang out in on the lake. We also like to take our SeaDoo out with us, and am having difficulties tying it up to the side of the pontoon boat without causing damage. I have been putting the dock lines around the Bimini top brackets, and hanging bumpers and cushions between the two boats, but with the wake from other boats, the two end up banging into each other. I already have a couple small dents in the pontoon! Has anyone come up with a simple way of attaching the two without them touching? I am thinking maybe to mount some fiberglass standoffs to the front deck of the Bennington, like they do on the dock, but wanted to check with others for better ideas first.

Thanks,

Rich

I tow my Seadoo with me almost everywhere we go. Have two 30' dock lines that I tie off from each stern cleat and connect together on the eye of the Seadoo. This keeps centered in my wake and doesn't allow it to bang into me. When it's time to dock, pull it along side the boat.

Is it rubbing up against your logs or fence? If logs I would think the Hull Hugger would work. They make them up to 9 ft long. If it's the fence not sure what to do.

Is it rubbing up against your logs or fence? If logs I would think the Hull Hugger would work. They make them up to 9 ft long. If it's the fence not sure what to do.
Being new to pontoon boats, I assume logs are the pontoons and the fence is the cage on top? If so, then it is rubbing the logs. I will Google the Hull Hugger to see what that is.

Thanks

I tow my Seadoo with me almost everywhere we go. Have two 30' dock lines that I tie off from each stern cleat and connect together on the eye of the Seadoo. This keeps centered in my wake and doesn't allow it to bang into me. When it's time to dock, pull it along side the boat.
Have you had any issue towing the SeaDoo? The reason I ask is that the manual for mine says that towing over 5 mph requires the pinching of some hose within the motor compartment of the SeaDoo. Not sure what the issue is, but somehow not following this could damage or allow water into the SeaDoo.

I forgot, welcome to the forum. I believe you can get the long one at Dick's Sporting Goods for a decent price. I've used it when rafting up with other boats and it works good.

Seadoo does require your cooling intake line to be clamped or it WILL suck water into the motor. I got my clamp for $30 at my dealer. Their mechanics will show you which hose to clamp. Once you figure it out, it takes 30 seconds to connect/disconnect.

Seadoo does require your cooling intake line to be clamped or it WILL suck water into the motor. I got my clamp for $30 at my dealer. Their mechanics will show you which hose to clamp. Once you figure it out, it takes 30 seconds to connect/disconnect.
Thanks for the info, and sorry that I am getting off-topic. Too bad they don't include an external lever to a ball valve or similar to deal with this. Taking off the seat to get to this hose sounds like a pain in the but - I bring the SeaDoo on most every Pontoon outing - there, back on topic :)

Oh, I agree completely! I forgot to mention, I know several cruiser guys who tow their skis with them and use the same method I do except they run their lines through PVC pipes to keep the lines out of the water and the PWC can't hit their stern. I think they use 8' pipe on 15' lines. I've ridden with them and you can't tell you are pulling anything!

Back