HOW TO CLEAN CARPET

Kyle Roach

Reaction score
WHAT DOES EVERYONE USE TO CLEAN CARPET ON BOAT OR REMOVE STAINS? I SAW STARBRITE HAS CARPRET CLEANER BUT DO YOU USE A RAG,CLOTH, OR JUST HOSE TO WASH AWAY?

I rented a carpet cleaner from Lowes and it made the carpet look almost new.

If you don't want to rent a carpet cleaner.....I have used LA's Totally Awesome cleaner that you can get at the Dollar store. It's excellent on carpet as well as vinyl and plastic. Just spray a section of the carpet and let it soak in. Spray it again ..Then take a wet rag and wipe the section. I've cleaned the carpet in our boat many times this way.......

I've used 20% bleach solution with no problems. Spray on, soak, shop vac. Then do that again with water only.

We've used Oxiclean on our last two boats. Hose down the deck to get it wet and simply use a sponge or rag to mop on a fairly heavily concentrated mixture of Oxiclean and water wherever needed. Lightly scrub with a brush if necessary. I then use a pressure washer to rinse it all away, but a plain garden hose will work, too. There's no harsh chemical or cleaner smell and it's not hard on the environment.

I used the starbrite carpet cleaner and worked good. Bunch of allege in little spots of the boat and got them all up. Just sucks had to scrub the whole carpet which a 23'ft boat but looks better then before

I use hot water, a scrub brush and a shop vac. Just pour the hot water on the carpet, scrub lightly with the brush and suck up the water with the shop vac. It's a bit of a pain since your on your knees, but it always comes out great for me.

Once you get it cleaned Scott Guard the carpet, did that on my first Benni when it was new. Spills and stuff cleaned right up. TADA!

Back