How to Connect GPS & VHF to the ACC or Live Well Switch

medkid134

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to bennington ( 3 days New) and I am looking to install the Humminbird Chart plotter Fish Finder Combo and VHF Radio. having everything mounted and wired to go under the dash, I cannot seem to figure out how to connect these units to the customer ready Acc Switch on the console that is not  being used.

the switch is not wired to anything, but looking at the switch it is fully wired, due to the wire bundling I am unable to trace it. how do you connect accessory equipment to these switches??

I have a 2013 22 SLX with single battery and no battery switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attached a VHF radio to that switch on my S last year. There was a funky white connector that I was trying to find the other end for. I ended up clipping it and just splicing the wires together. Easy way to figure it out: stick a voltage meter in any open connectors like that and have someone toggle the switch.

There's a thread on here somewhere with a pic of that connector, posted by me, wondering how to find one that matches it so I didn't have to splice. My dealer got me other side of it but it still required some sort of odd crimp tool, so I spliced anyway. 

I attached a VHF radio to that switch on my S last year. There was a funky white connector that I was trying to find the other end for. I ended up clipping it and just splicing the wires together. Easy way to figure it out: stick a voltage meter in any open connectors like that and have someone toggle the switch.

There's a thread on here somewhere with a pic of that connector, posted by me, wondering how to find one that matches it so I didn't have to splice. My dealer got me other side of it but it still required some sort of odd crimp tool, so I spliced anyway.
That was extremely helpful thank you. So I did see 3 empty white connectors with 2-3 writes in them they are open with nothing connected to them. If I stick a volt meter in there and turn the switch oni will know what connector runs that switch. You just cut off the white connector and connected the bare end the wire harness to the vhf unit?

Thank you again

Just remembered a bit more. The problem with the extra switch on my S series boat is that it was a 3-way toggle. If I toggled it up I got +12V, middle off, down -12V (or something like that). That's why I ended up wiring it in with the fish finder and stereo. On my new boat, I wired it to it's own switch. 

Back