saefrog

Reaction score
I'm wanting to install an amplifier for the speakers and a sub. Does anyone know how to get power & ground wires from the battery area to the stereo compartment? 

I'm wanting to install an amplifier for the speakers and a sub. Does anyone know how to get power & ground wires from the battery area to the stereo compartment? 
It depends on the boat model, whether it has a wave shield or not, among other factors, so you'll need to tell us a little more about the boat first.

You'll need electricians fish tape or fish sticks. Not what you eat.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the 2016 R25 with the Sony media player and 4 kicker LED speakers. I'm hoping to run amp cables from the battery to the storage area behind the steering wheel to set up the amp in that area with the subwoofer etc. 

I guess no one really knows either. :(
Like I already stated, you'll need to "fish" the cables from the battery compartment, to the helm. I did it with an "electricians fishtape". You can run them into the helm through the grommet for the other cables and wiring.

How did the project go? I just installed one on mine. I replaced the stock speakers, installed a 4 channel amp, and one 10" sub. I'm liking the sound. As for your question, as cwag911 suggested, just fish the + and - back to the battery compartment, protecting the wires with wire sleeves. Make sure you have the wires well secured to your boat (no dangling wires to get caught in the waves). I wired mine with the four main speakers on channel one and two, then bridged the sub from channels 3 and 4. Everything fit very well under the helm, with plenty of room left for my cooler. I bought a sealed box for the sub, then mounted the amp on top of the box for convenience. 

It's the 2016 R25 with the Sony media player and 4 kicker LED speakers. I'm hoping to run amp cables from the battery to the storage area behind the steering wheel to set up the amp in that area with the subwoofer etc. 
Which R model? Is your battery compartment on the Starboard side or Port side? Under skinned or not? Dual batteries? Both Port, or one on each? AS Randy said, make sure you put in split loom, or even the smurf tube someone commented on a different post, You want it to be protected. What gauge cable are you planning on running?

Where are you guys putting your subs?  I was thinking under the helm.

Where are you guys putting your subs?  I was thinking under the helm.

Under the helm or take a look any BulldogsCadillac set up if you really wanna make waves while sitting still.

I noticed your tag image. Is that your boat on the truck, or did you grab an internet photo? If you are the actual person that hoisted his Benny on a truck bed, you're famous!

I wish I could take credit for that.  I was messing around last night and stumbled on it.  To great not to steal.

I wish I could take credit for that.  I was messing around last night and stumbled on it.  To great not to steal.

Have you watched the video of it? Crazy!

That is CRAZY!  The best part may have been the music.  Unfortunately that tune will be in my head for the next few days.  I may have to play the video for other people just so the music will drive them nuts.

That is CRAZY!  The best part may have been the music.  Unfortunately that tune will be in my head for the next few days.  I may have to play the video for other people just so the music will drive them nuts.

I tried finding the music with sound hound... no luck. Or should I say I was lucky? I sure do miss Goldenrod. He'd be calling me out for thread hijacking! I better stop in his honor.

Installed Kicker amp and 10” sub to existing KMC10 deck and RGB speakers. Sound quality improvement is better than expected.just enough room for sub placement on front seat of 22SSBXP.

Attachments

• 81F4F543-9E9A-45A5-8AC9-BAB792B9AF97.jpeg
    81F4F543-9E9A-45A5-8AC9-BAB792B9AF97.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 9E296D5E-7611-4544-B447-D81FDB1D723D.jpeg
    9E296D5E-7611-4544-B447-D81FDB1D723D.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 284548B6-D67B-4614-8534-568C4BE2689E.jpeg
    284548B6-D67B-4614-8534-568C4BE2689E.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 134
Installed Kicker amp and 10” sub to existing KMC10 deck and RGB speakers. Sound quality improvement is better than expected.just enough room for sub placement on front seat of 22SSBXP.
Nice job and thanks for posting some pictures! Trying to install a powered sub myself but not having much luck.

Back