How to open engine bay on an I/O with dead batteries?

GoBob

Reaction score
My Bennington is a 2015 2575 QCW I/O. There is an electrical switch to open and close the engine bay (where the batteries are located). My batteries are dead and I was unable to get them to take a charge. The code on my charger says the batteries need to be replaced. OK fine, but how do I open the engine bay to replace them?

P.S. If it's important, my engine is the 8.2 L H.O. (430 h.p.)

I think I remember someone on here having a similar issue. Can't remember who though as the I/O's aren't that common. Maybe it was Remediation. I would think your dealer has a work around though.

GoBob, can't help you with your question but share a few pictures of that beauty!

I believe there is a spot to jump start the boat that is in a small compartment near the stern.

Been there, done it.
2 ways - there is an emergency rip cord under the port lounger on our 2008 I/O. You pull it and it disconnects the lifting rod and you and lots of people raise the engine hatch.
What I did was disconnect the switch and using paper clips and a 12 volt jump box tried different combinations of the pins till I raised the cover. I was putting power to the wiring harness not to the switch. I bought a extra switch to wire it as a emergency jumper.

Back